Home General Discussion

Journey to Chateau Opus X

I'm new to this site, but not new to cigar smoking. I've been smoking about 10 years.

I was recently gifted a box of Fuente Fuente cigars that I know little about. The top says Aged 3 years, Chateau de la Fuente, Fuente Aged Selection, Journey to Chateau de la Fuente. On the side it says Limited Edition 2007, and 4 Fuente Fuente OPUSX. On the bottom it says Released in 2007.

This box is still sealed in its original plastic. The original owner (acquaintance) passed and his heir gave this box to me.

Is anyone familiar with this release? The research I've done shows it may contain (1)Forbidden X Lancero 2005, (1) Royal 8 2005, and (2) Scorpio 2005.

What is the approximate value? I'm debating whether to smoke them or sell them.

Thanks,

JB 

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I come off as crass, if kept/stored properly and to the right buyer that could fetch some cash.  If not stored correctly then nothing.  However why the **** are you asking a group of strangers what cigars are worth if you have been smoking for ten years.  If this is true you should have an outlet to consult such as a b&m you visit or other smokers you have encountered over the years.  All that being said google is also a great tool to consult.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • JBIIJBII Posts: 3
    Let's say you've been driving about 20 years. Does that mean you should know how much a 32 Ford is worth? Or, your circle of driving friends should know what's it's worth?

I do have outlets to check, including this forum, which I found whilst using the search functions of Google. I wouldn't use the word crass.
    JBII said:
    Let's say you've been driving about 20 years. Does that mean you should know how much a 32 Ford is worth? Or, your circle of driving friends should know what's it's worth?

I do have outlets to check, including this forum, which I found whilst using the search functions of Google. I wouldn't use the word crass.
    Actually, yes I do know where to go and ask (in person) about the 32 ford, hell I'd even drive it/tow it in to have it inspected, but again I guess that's just me.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBII said:

Well, that's not really a good analogy.
    Most people driving know very little about their car, let alone about any other cars.
    But a person who drinks whiskey, sure as hell knows the high dollar liquor.
    A person racing cars for 20 years would definitely know most high demand, high dollar cars. As would a person collecting cars.

Now, if you said you smoke Swisher Sweets for the last 10 years, ok.
    You have to understand that any time someone starts asking about Limited Editions or rare things, it immediately raises suspicions about the person's intentions, especially when they start talking about selling them.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @Usaf06, smoke them and enjoy.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    These things retailed for about 160.00

My question would be the storage conditions of it. I doubt they were kept properly and I doubt they are worth peddling.

I'd give 4 bucks + 7.80 shipping.

Just to see if they are smokable.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• JBIIJBII Posts: 3
    Well, I really expected this community to be as friendly as the cigar shops I frequent. I was wrong. I am genuine in my intent to understand what I have. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not retailers or appraisers, take a beat to learn your audience before posting if you expect a good response.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Post edited by Significant3 on
    Red rum
    MOW badge received.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that took all of two days for the wheels to come off........You guys are starting to slip. 
  • RedruMRedruM Posts: 7
    Red rum
    Sup?  Got Opus?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are worth a good bit if kept properly. Otherwise they are a box of dried leaves. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sure!  You could just do that! :#
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'll take a more technical approach..I've applied a finance formula to determine the value of a cigar.

Essentially, what the formula says is that the value of your cigar day is expected increase in value due to 1 year of aging discounted back at the rate of inflation.

PV = Present value (value of cigar today).
    E(Ct) = Expected increase in value of cigar at time t
    t = time
    i = inflation

I’m pretty sure you mean 

You usually do a summation with formula or expand the summation, not both. 
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hawkeye said:
    I'll take a more technical approach..I've applied a finance formula to determine the value of a cigar.

Essentially, what the formula says is that the value of your cigar day is expected increase in value due to 1 year of aging discounted back at the rate of inflation.

PV = Present value (value of cigar today).
    E(Ct) = Expected increase in value of cigar at time t
    t = time
    i = inflation

I’m pretty sure you mean 

You usually do a summation with formula or expand the summation, not both. 
    That is what I mean. I realized my mistake after it was too late to edit. I even thought of a better formula lol.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Is that a butterfly above the E ?
    Duh, it's a bow tie