Home Non Cigar Related

I've never wanted to collect pens until now

Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
I've never needed a pen collection until now. These are amazing looking! The first pen has a tobacco leaf in it too.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no, that's just mean.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are badass.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now someone needs to make a cigar that looks like pen.......
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually do have a collection of fountain pens and inks... might be time to add a new one!
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my flat grey Cross ballpoint best.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hawkeye said:
    I actually do have a collection of fountain pens and inks... might be time to add a new one!
    I recently got a Montblanc fountain pen as a gift for Christmas (I think it's fake). If I can find a few cigar fountain pens, then I'll definitely buy 1 or 2, as I'd like to have a few nice pens to carry around.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye said:
    @Hawkeye , I thought I was the only one here that collects Fine Writing Instruments

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an online store? When I searched it only showed a Facebook page
    Those are really neat looking pens.  Would really ad to the ambience of a smoking room or cigar bar.

From one of the comments on the facebook page, they are made from pen kits.
    Not quite an original from Mont Blanc or Montegrappa
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    These pens can be found on Etsy. Search "cigar pen" in the search bar there.
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    That is all I saw as well @deadman, and it looks like they do custom orders which is cool.

@Diver43 - what are some of your favorites?  Lately I have bought a few from karas kustoms.  I have one of their Boly V2 ballpoints machined from solid brass and solid copper, an ink fountain, and their special decograph with a titanium nib they just released. http://karaskustoms.com/signature-pens/decograph-ultra-black.html

I have a few cheaper ones and one from a local shop (also handmade) but always dreading the day another catches my eye :lol:
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I used to collect fountain pens, did so for years. Lost over $15,000 worth during the tornado. A bunch were looted.
    There is something reminiscent of a more gentlemanly and honest times when using a fountain pen, and every once in awhile I pick one up to remind me.
    Shame of it is, today kids can't even talk in complete sentences much less pen one.

Better to do a search for "pens that look like cigars" then cigar pens. There is a style of pens that are called cigar pens that other then shape have nothing to do with cigars.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May have to see if I can do this like the coasters.
    jd50ae said:
    I used to collect fountain pens, did so for years. Lost over $15,000 worth during the tornado. A bunch were looted.
    There is something reminiscent of a more gentlemanly and honest times when using a fountain pen, and every once in awhile I pick one up to remind me.
    Shame of it is, today kids can't even talk in complete sentences much less pen one.

Better to do a search for "pens that look like cigars" then cigar pens. There is a style of pens that are called cigar pens that other then shape Well
    Well said

Sorry to hear of your loss of pens.  Looters are the lowest level of scum.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few entry-level fountain pens and ink, but haven't kept up with using them.  It's amazing how much easier it is to write with a fountain pen than a ballpoint pen, at least for me.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )