Home Pipes

Top 3 You want to try Pipe Edition

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
Just like the Cigar one in the Rating section I thought I would get the ball rolling here, this can be whatever ya want it to be, B&M exclusive blends or other exclusive blends, or something you found in yer great great Grandfather's Military trunk that you wish they still made today? Rambeling aside I'll get the ball rolling, even though like most I sure have more than 3

The infamous **** looking pic Joe posted of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Brown Irish X (tho I do have this sitting in a cart...)

So after some thinking... Davidoff Red Flake/Red Mixture/Scottish Mixture
McClelland's Dominican Glory Maduro (yes Maduro leaf in the mix omnomnom)
Robert Lewis 123 Mix

I don't intend this post to turn into a MaW thread, but if it does so be it, just thought it could be a way to share new blends n stuff

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Dominican glory maduro is #1 on my list as well. I'd love to get my hands on the Frog Morton stuff as well. I've been smokingt aromatics mostly, but I'd like to branch out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Spencer I need your address. I've got some Dominican Glory for you both. Probably enough for 2-3 pipe loads.
    Damn Joe, that's awesome! Gotta be something you're looking for I can return the favor with.
    We're good. The tin was a gift and I don't particularly enjoy it, so if I can pass it along then so much the better.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    BigT is a Spencer too? O.o
    Hayblet:
    BigT is a Spencer too? O.o
    I already have his info, but not your new address.
    PM incoming
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonehaven
    Peterson's Christmas 2009
    Samuel Gawith Christmas

I love, absolutely love Holiday blends
    jsnake:
    Stonehaven
    Peterson's Christmas 2009
    Samuel Gawith Christmas

I love, absolutely love Holiday blends
    I have heard nothing but good about holiday/winter blends. I didn't start smoking a pipe until very recently, but I remember going into a shop in Gatlinburg, TN last Christmas and the woman that owned it was smoking her own winter blend... and the aroma was unreal. She told me that she mixes her own blend each winter, and that it is usually one of her best sellers.
    The holiday blends made by the shop are usually fantastic and very popular. I love aromatics and what I am finding is they do not age well like non aromatics. They seem to lose their flavor over time. I am trying to smoke up my aromatics that are open. I think the sealed tins are fine until you open them.
    Todd and Spencer...I finally got my sh*t together and mailed off your samples of Dom Glory. Hope you guys enjoy.
    Sweet! I can't wait.
    BigT06:
    Sweet! I can't wait.
    Likewise!
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    McClelland's Dominican Glory Maduro and Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Brown Irish X for sure. om nom nom.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for just found this old thread and thought I’d revive it. I love learning about other people’s tastes and likes, and have found many great cigars and pipe blends that I would have never tried if not for threads like this one

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    Currently wishing for
    Esoterica Stonehaven still
    McClelland Virginia Woods
    McClelland Navy Cavendish
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    McClelland anything would be nice.

Sigh...… :( 

"Some wounds never heal..."  -- Gandalf
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esoterica...any/all

Your recommendation or favorite blend. I always want to try new blends things that I would normally not think of if it were not suggested by someone. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess in so the benefits of being new to pipes is that it will take me years just to get through the easily available blends.  Having said that, is love to have a vertical tasting of all the Frog Morton blends. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting into my pipes more and more. My top three to try are:
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Anything by Drew Estates 
    Cornell & Diehl haunted bookshop (I’ve tried a sample of it and really want to try it again).
    My unicorn is a cherry aromatic that my Great Uncle used to smoke. I have no idea what it was but I vividly recall the smell and can see him sittig next to his pool in Florida while we were swimming.

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Anything by Drew Estates 
    Cornell & Diehl haunted bookshop (I’ve tried a sample of it and really want to try it again).
    My unicorn is a cherry aromatic that my Great Uncle used to smoke. I have no idea what it was but I vividly recall the smell and can see him sittig next to his pool in Florida while we were swimming.

That unicorn may be prince Albert cherry or cherry vanilla.
    MikeTodd said:
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Anything by Drew Estates 

That unicorn may be prince Albert cherry or cherry vanilla.
    or Middleton, very popular cherry in the 60's and 70's.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would have been late 80s/early 90s when we would see him.
    The Middleton was still around, as were the Prince Alberts.  Could have been any, I just remember it seemed a lot of folks liked the Middleton, although I didn't, but then Cherry tobacco's never been my thing.