Home Non Cigar Related

What movies have you never seen, that everyone else on earth has?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've never seen,.....Say Anything. I have seen the pop culture reference to this movie soooo many times, (boom box held overhead) and I think I get the reference but I'm just guessing at it.

Comments

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never seen Caddyshack
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen much of anything made in the last decade. Not a huge fan of modern Hollywood. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the Rocky movies.  Yes I know, that is weird.  That is right up my ally in terms of movies too, which makes it even more weird.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Star Wars, Batman, and on and on. As a matter of fact, the last movie we saw was Titanic! And “saw” is such a strong word! Dark venue, comfy seats, 3 hour movie! Should say the last movie I napped through!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not watch modern "comedies" non look even remotely funny to me, and the so called comedians in them are not funny.  Most play the same character over and over too.  There is also a reason most of them make it to cable in a matter of months.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avengers: Infinity War
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I will not watch political movies of any kind. I also boycott a number of movies with certain actors. So I guess that would be a rather long list.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Too Fast Too Furious movies. They just look dumber than watching a box of rocks. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw The Matrix, or Terminator.  No particular reason, keep saying that I will one of these days, I get in moods that should fit the genre.  Go figure.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I can't go to the cinema, too overstimulating, loud, flashing scene cuts, violence, emotional manipulation; it's more than my poorly wired brain can handle.

so, almost all of them
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not watch modern "comedies" non look even remotely funny to me, and the so called comedians in them are not funny.  Most play the same character over and over too.  There is also a reason most of them make it to cable in a matter of months.
    You ever watch Fawlty Towers, Patrick? John Cleese...now he was a comic!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw Lord Of The Rings. Even though, a long time ago it was rented,.... but I slept. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godfather -- any of 'em
    Star Trek -- any of 'em

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    You ever watch Fawlty Towers, Patrick? John Cleese...now he was a comic!
    I have not, it certainly sounds up my ally though.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited January 2019
    skydiverD said:
    None of the Too Fast Too Furious movies. They just look dumber than watching a box of rocks. 

I've not seen any of the Fast And Furious franchise. (Am I too smart to appreciate dumb movies? Nah, that can't be true.)  Even if I appreciate a good car chase scene, in this age of computer generated graphics, there's nothing to appreciate. 
    webmost said:
    Godfather -- any of 'em
    Star Trek -- any of 'em

They keep saying Godfather Two was better than the first but I don't remember much about it, although I saw it once. I've seen the first one many times. 

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any of the Marvel or DC superhero movies. Unless the first batman counts. 

Those are huge moneymakers. They didn't get my money. 
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been to the movies in over 10 years, so none. They just don't make em like they used too.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    I never saw Old Yeller. 
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen any of the Monty Python movies.
    I've never seen any of the Monty Python movies.
    Sounds like something to put on your trivial things to to list.