Home General Discussion

Coolerdor Sealing

MarkwellMarkwell Central PAPosts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
Having some issues with the cooler these past few weeks. I noticed my RH dropping off a couple points and wasn't all that worried until today. Opened it up to throw in some stuff and the RH was down to 60% and 65°. I run 65% Boveda. 

Did the light test and found the front by the handle has a bad seal about 5" long. What do you guys use to seal your lids? Never had an issue before. I'm thinking I packed the boxes too tight and bowed the wall out of plumb. I have a few baggies shoved in to make a seal until a more permanent fix can be made. Thanks for the help!
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• BKDogBKDog NE PAPosts: 972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, man. I'm half way between giggling because you're the monthly "winner", and cringing because it really sucks to have a RH issue. As far as I see it, you've got two choices, bro.

1. Sit on the lid to reform it.
    2. Go out and drop the cash on a new 52 quart Coleman Extreme5 (best cooler in dah world) while avoiding all the pre-snow panic traffic.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • deadmandeadman Midland, NCPosts: 4,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Mark, haven’t ran into this yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Time for a new 150 quart cooler.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Central PAPosts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I was waiting for those snarky lotto comments to show up  :D

Since I haven't killed the bank account this month with my normal CAS shenannigans I guess I'll kill it on a new cooler unless you nuts know where I can find an inexpensive seal* lol. 

*Must be trained to simultaneously balance a ball on its nose while keeping RH in check. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • YaksterYakster La Zona State of Mind when I haven't forgotten the coffee filtersPosts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would some sort of weatherstripping work?  Someone here sealed their cabinet with something...
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today.

Join me on the vHerf or try the iOS iHerf Link for iPhones
                  Check out our Discord Server-Chris

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You could try weatherstripping.   I highly recommend, and have used the Coleman Xtreme coolers exclusively. Relatively cheap and the best thing is the lids seal well, usually. The first one or two I bought I added the thinnest weatherstripping I could find all around the lid. but the rest of them sealed well enough without weatherstripping.  
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Lake Zurich IlPosts: 5,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see a problem those levels, but check the packs might be time for a recharge, or just put more in there.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Cape CodPosts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Markwell said:
    I was waiting for those snarky lotto comments to show up  :D

Since I haven't killed the bank account this month with my normal CAS shenannigans I guess I'll kill it on a new cooler unless you nuts know where I can find an inexpensive seal* lol. 

*Must be trained to simultaneously balance a ball on its nose while keeping RH in check. 
    Peter recommended these, they work for me, weather tight, stackable, not too expensive:
    https://www.staples.com/IRIS-46-Quart-Weathertight-Plastic-Storage-Box-6-Pack-110450/product_1823514?akamai-feo=off
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 7,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @Stubble switched to the Iris Weathertights too, and is digging them.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • MarkwellMarkwell Central PAPosts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I currently have a Coleman Extreme. Not sure how many qts but its roughly 2' x 3' x 2' deep. Will look into some weather stripping.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken already sucked before joining forum,.....just sayin'.Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe... you need to get another cooler to put on top of the current one
    Not just a theory. This is fact. I can tell you this works.