Home Non Cigar Related

Hemp CBDs, it is time to talk about it.

13»

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    It's interesting that Forbes publishes that article, yet the National Center for Biotechnical Information published this.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14578199

The problem is, information is being thrown around about THC and CBD, that people are having a hard time understanding what is real and what isn't.

And so it has been ever since the late 1930's.  Nothing new, nothing to see here, folks, move along...move along.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bet the military has done a full blown study with real live soldiers.
    jd50ae said:
    I will bet the military has done a full blown study with real live soldiers.
    Actually, they did, in Vietnam in late 60's or early 70's.  The colonel who did the study recommended limited use at appropriate times, saying that it would be far better than what was occurring with alcohol.  

they threw it out.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Lots is an understatement.
    Finally. 
    Long read but worth it.
    Thanks @silvermouse
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one take-away I got from it is cbds etc. should be avoided if you are fighting a viral or candida infection because it lowers the immune system's ability to deal with it.
    Well I finally made it to one of the CBD stores that have popped up, actually 2 weeks ago. A worthwhile trip. Bought twice as many gummies at half the price I have been paying.
    Because I am evidently a drug thug I can no longer get pain meds from the doctor I use to go to.
    The new gummies seem to help with nerve pain and other stuff better than the ones I use to take.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://romanolawpc.com/medical-marijuana-firearms-oregon/

Oregon is enforcing this. Even trying to go further on it.
    Gotta love this crap hole state.
    Oregon should be re-named New California
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a similar situation here in California. Both forms of pot are legal - medical and recreational - unless you happen to be on the property of a skilled nursing facility or other type of long term care facility which accepts federal funds of any sort ( think Medicare, etc.). There, federal law supercedes. This means that my child bride is prohibited from taking the CBD that was helping her before she was admitted to a long term care facility that accepts Medicare - even though Medicare isn’t paying for her care. 

Can you say ‘ludicrous’......??
    jlmarta said:
    We have a similar situation here in California. Both forms of pot are legal - medical and recreational - unless you happen to be on the property of a skilled nursing facility or other type of long term care facility which accepts federal funds of any sort ( think Medicare, etc.). There, federal law supercedes. This means that my child bride is prohibited from taking the CBD that was helping her before she was admitted to a long term care facility that accepts Medicare - even though Medicare isn’t paying for her care. 

It is way past ludicrous....Doctors should be able to prescribe something that helps without interference.
    jd50ae said:
    jlmarta said:

It is way past ludicrous....Doctors should be able to prescribe something that helps without interference.
    Yeah, that’s a whole ‘nother area - out here, a doctor can lose his license for prescribing marijuana. He can write a letter recommending it but he can’t prescribe it. 

More ludicrousness.......  
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When cannabis was not only declared illegal but placed as the #1 controlled substance on a list of all the nasty drugs that really are harmful, I knew the game was rigged.

Nothing quite says "we own you" than criminalizing a free and sovereign people for possessing a naturally growing plant which has a slew of medicinal uses as well as capable of producing products which compete with corporations who cannot (yet) PATENT mother nature.

But...I digress.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    edited January 2019
    BKDog said:
    When cannabis was not only declared illegal but placed as the #1 controlled substance on a list of all the nasty drugs that really are harmful, I knew the game was rigged.

Nothing quite says "we own you" than criminalizing a free and sovereign people for possessing a naturally growing plant which has a slew of medicinal uses as well as capable of producing products which compete with corporations who cannot (yet) PATENT mother nature.

But...I digress.

I agree, almost completely.  

1st, the dealer of hard drugs has no better tool for convincing the inexperienced to try his wares than the marijuana laws.  "Heroin?  Shoot man, it's below marijuana on the list of dangerous drugs!  How bad can it be?"  Another one bites the dust.  Or snorts it.  All so that corrupt officials and organized mobsters could continue to make the profits they'd become accustomed to during the prohibition of alcohol.  

Do you have to "randomly" pee in a cup to keep your job?  You, friend, are a slave.  You're not an employee, an employee clocks out and goes home where he used to be free to do what he wants in privacy, as long as there's no harm to anyone else.  A slave belongs to the master 24/7, and thus has to account for his off-time behavior as allowed by the master.  

However, you're behind the times on the last point. 

Monsanto, among others, is doing quite well at patenting Mother Nature.  e.g.; Genetic sequencing of a particular strain of a common bacteria is the norm for products labeled "Probiotic".  The patents are here.

Marijuana as hemp was made illegal in all forms to the delight and because of William Randolph Hearst.
    jd50ae said:
    Marijuana as hemp was made illegal in all forms to the delight and because of William Randolph Hearst.
    Also true.  There were multiple actors in that drama.

edited January 2019
    the Declaration of Independence was drafted on hemp paper

https://www.massroots.com/learn/the-man-responsible-for-marijuana-prohibition/
    jd50ae said:
    The funny thing is, it wasn't made illegal because it was a drug.
    It was competing too heavily with the pulp/timber and cotton industries and they lobbied to criminalize it and succeeded. 

Just like everything, they used the media to use propaganda to convince Americans of the evils of pot.
    Once they had Americans believing that it was evil, which wasn't too hard at that time, they were able to ban hemp and marijuana.

The paper and cotton industries spent millions lobbying and sending out propaganda publicity to the American public.

In 1916, began the start of the end of hemp.
    The USDA announced in an article that hemp produces 4 times more paper per acre than trees. The pulp industry went nuts and panicked. 
    Prior to that, the hemp industry was making oil for lamps, clothing, paper and tons of other things. So much that in the 1700s, farmers were required to plant a percentage of their properties in hemp.
    They lobbied and gained a huge tax on hemp and marijuana in 1937 called the Marijuana Tax Act. Which taxed hemp production so much, that by 1957, all hemp production had all but ceased.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    The really bad part about what Hearst did was pure racist. All the movies he made about pot, all the nickel novels he produced, everything.
    Even then there were some in the medical community screaming (to deaf politicians Hearst bought off) about the known and potential health benefits.
    So backwards we went, along with the loss of1000s (if not millions) of acres of healthy trees.
    edited January 2019
    It was quite a coalition.  Let's not forget Dupont, heavily invested in oil markets didn't want the renewable cannabis-seed oils competing with their products.  And then there was Harry Anslinger, backed by J. Edgar Hoover, determined to bring about a new prohibition.  

Meanwhile, Hearst and associates convinced law enforcement in the South that white women who used marijuana were overcome by urges to have intimate relations with black men.  Out west they spread the rumor that Mexicans fueled by marijuana were raping killing and looting.  It seems we're hearing something like that again these days.

In New York they spread the "news" that High School students in New York were rapidly becoming "addicted" to the devils weed.  Then Mayor La Guardia conducted actual scientific studies and truthfully revealed that well over 90% of New York High School students had never heard of marijuana.  The truth was ignored, just like the President of the American Medical Association when he told Congress that cannabis was one of the most widely used and safest pain relief medicines known to man.

And, of course, the infamous "Reefer Madness", which I was shown in school in the 7th grade.  We were told that this was "the truth about marijuana".  Gave me nightmares.  I couldn't imagine why anyone would do that to themselves.

Truly a cabal of lies.  
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for schizophrenia

McGuire P, Robson P, Cubala WJ, et al. Cannabidiol (CBD) as an adjunctive therapy in schizophrenia: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Am J Psychiatry. 2018;175:225-231.

Cannabidiol (CBD), the second most active ingredient in marijuana, has been hypothesized to have antipsychotic effects—in contrast to tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which may promote or worsen psychosis. McGuire and colleagues undertook an 8-week, multicenter, double-blind, parallel-group study to explore the efficacy and safety of 1000-mg CBD daily as adjunctive treatment to oral antipsychotic medication in 88 patients with schizophrenia.

CBD significantly reduced psychotic symptoms (PANSS difference ‒1.4 score, 95% CI = ‒2.5 to ‒0.2), and more patients on CBD were rated as being improved by their clinicians on the Clinical Global Impressions scale compared with the placebo group. There was also a trending improvement in cognition. Moreover, CBD was well-tolerated without significant adverse effects. Pending replication in larger phase-3 trials, CBD could very well emerge as a novel treatment for psychosis in the future.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/depression/clinically-relevant-developments-psychiatry?fbclid=IwAR1nqxrxKTfn6h1J4pTlT0z4cM6LBGDW3tXYN-6tz9e4HHaRGkPADEFpvDc

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as long as we have this Rockefeller medicine cartel in place, and it's world wide. Sure, we may take a small step forward, but the FEDS won't back down and we will take three steps back again. Smoking marijuana only helps alleviate pain, it can be made into a medicine and we're just skimming the surface. Healthcare is BIG business, these days. And the pharmaceutical corporations rake in hundreds of trillions annually. That's incredible. You'd think they would want to actually cure people, but that isn't good for business. Top of the schedule 1 list, my goodness.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    May 20.1949 
    Headline article.
    U. (Utah) Researcher reports
    Marijuana Leaf Plays Epilepsy Cure Role.

http://hiltonshealth.com/2014/02/13/1949-salt-lake-city-telegram-marijuana-leaf-plays-epilepsy-cure-role/

"The drugs being used are synthetic substances related to cannibinol"
    This statement was made in 1949. 

Interesting. 

So, who wants to say that Pharmaceutical companies or govt didn't know about this until now?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Our governments total lack of integrity, honesty, and concern for the principles set forth in the Constitution makes me want to throw up.

Fortunately, I know a natural remedy for that!   ;)

0patience said:
    May 20.1949 
    Headline article.

http://hiltonshealth.com/2014/02/13/1949-salt-lake-city-telegram-marijuana-leaf-plays-epilepsy-cure-role/

Interesting. 

So, who wants to say that Pharmaceutical companies or govt didn't know about this until now?
    You have to remember that hemp/pot were made illegal through bribes and other corruption so William Randolph Hearst could control the paper industry.
    edited March 2019
    jd50ae said:
    0patience said:
    May 20.1949 
    Headline article.

Interesting. 

You have to remember that hemp/pot were made illegal through bribes and other corruption so William Randolph Hearst could control the paper industry.
    And so that Dupont chemicals wouldn't have competition from the hemp oil,

and so that Southern Sheriffs could intimidate and incarcerate blacks,

and so that Western Sheriffs could intimidate and incarcerate hispanics,

and so that organized crime could resume paying the profitable bribes that had been lost since prohibition ended, 

and so that haters could have something tangible to hate, thereby making their votes easy to manipulate,

etc., etc., ...

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason I am not receiving emails concerning updates to threads anymore.
     This conversation has gone on without me lol sorry for not chiming in guys
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    edited March 2019
    Anybody got any solid info on the legal/illegal status of CBD as relates to use by patients in a skilled nursing which accepts any form of federal funding since the signing of the 2018 Farm Bill?

Specifically, can a patient in a California nursing facility legally use CBD?
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use this stuff religiously
    Found a less expensive source then I had been buying for at least 5 years. way less. 1000 mg bottle 66 gummies. One bottle at 3 a day lasts a month.
    2000 mg bottle is also available. You raise or lower dosage by the size of the  gummies. Bears are the smallest, there are peach rings, frogs and a couple of others. Getting really old so I will probably go for the 2000 mg next SS check. It is a B&M and they carry everything I have seen advertised elsewhere. They have 50 mg frogs, but only if you are going to bed. And they carry all the pet products.