Home Cigar 101

What do I found inside my Cohiba that I bought two weeks ago in Habana, Cuba to my private TourGuide

7uiggi7uiggi Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
Hello folks! Hopefully these photos can help to anyone who visit Cuba like me in New Year's Eve for two days. I bought with my father-in-law a 25 Box (25 Genios Maduro 5) in Habana Vieja, Cuba 3 weeks ago. @Bob_Luken request an autopsy of one of the cigars and that's what I found.
That box cost to us $170.00 with all the origin warranty seals, cedar sheet, tissue, nice black wooden box and the Fohibas inside. 

Hopefully you enjoy the photos!!! Let comments!!! 

Comments

• 7uiggi7uiggi Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Another one ...

The last one. 

Now it's time to try it. Remember I don't know anything about taste, palate, cigars. I don't smoke I only drink Single Malt Scotch Whiskies and some japanese and irish.  :D

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably still made from Cuban tobacco 
    This was a better experience by far. 

<3 

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Live and learn. Nice nails. While vacationing in the Dominacan Republic not to long ago I piss-ed off some beach sellers with knowledge gained from these Forum members. The regular poster's on this forum will educate in ways no other forums would or could hope to accomplish. Just my opinion.  Enjoy your time here. Peace. 
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, wait!!! Those are REAL!!!
    Kidding. ;)
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the 12 digits on the Warranty Seal? I can read the first 6 (000003) but not the last 6.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

@miller65rod I barely can see it  but I think is: 000003 394058 

That's because this box is in the home of my Father-in-Law right now. I will go there next month. Maybe I can take more photos of the other Cohibas and its box. 

Peace  ;)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it all looks like tobacco. Glad you found no trash or garbage in there.  
    I'm glad as well but I really didn't enjoy the smoke. I will buy another sticks to try different kinds of cigars for example Opus X for A. Fuente, Camacho American Barrel Aged, and some Olivas. What do you reccommend me to start in a good price @Bob_Luken ? Thanks for your help!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'm not sure what the prices might be where you are. Where are you? My advice would be to try everything. Keep a record of your favorites. Try your favorites again to be sure. Buy boxes of the ones you know for sure you like.  Online auction sites are best deal. cigarbid.com  

But go slow at first. You don't want to be stuck with too many  cigars you have lost interest in. 

Brands to explore:
    Brick House
    Crowned Heads
    Drew Estate 
    Diamond Crown
    La Flor Dominicana (LFD)
    Warped
    Too many to list all of them.

There are so many choices out there. Nobody I know of,  smokes just one cigar. Everybody smokes different cigars on different days.  

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CCOM Forum Top 25 of 2018 list might make a good start.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

There are so many choices out there. Nobody I know of,  smokes just one cigar. Everybody smokes different cigars on different days.  

Some of even smoke different cigars in the same day

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.