Home Ratings & Reviews

Pre embargo cubans

Has anybody had these at all?? I was thinking about buying the 5 pack that cigar.com has for when my friend comes back to the states for a month off of duty in the marines. Just wondering if it was a quality smoke.

Comments

• DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    i dont know but i would give my left *** to try one of these or for the whole box
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    i dont know but i would give my left *** to try one of these or for the whole box
    I wouldn't resort to giving up body parts.... You'd just have to part with like $20....edit: $25

You could buy a real Cuban for less than that.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    DiasFlak I don't know if anyone really needs an extra *** but I think if anyone here has some they would pass one along.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Hmm, I haven't smoked a lot of cigars and I definitely haven't smoked a lot of good cigars. But I did smoke a pre-embargo cuban at some cigar bar party and it was turrible. Just turrible. Harsh and made me sick to my stomach.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    DiasFlak:
    DiasFlak I don't know if anyone really needs an extra *** but I think if anyone here has some they would pass one along.
    I was born with 3, actually, but I've gotten kinda attached to all of them. It'd be like giving up one of your kids. Only more so.
    yeah but i would be giving you billions of kids!
    DiasFlak:
    yeah but i would be giving you billions of kids!
    OH now a sperm joke? How tacky can you get? We take a lot of liberties here, but sperm is just too far..... Oh wait... I get it. :D
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Hmm, I haven't smoked a lot of cigars and I definitely haven't smoked a lot of good cigars. But I did smoke a pre-embargo cuban at some cigar bar party and it was turrible. Just turrible. Harsh and made me sick to my stomach.
    And Dias is willing to give up a *** for this " turrible " smoke.. Imagine what he would give up for a good one. Yiikes !
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    They had the Camacho 1962 Pre Embargo available in the custom sampler here a week or so ago. I had 2 of the samplers in my cart, but waited a couple days to figure out what else I wanted to order (to capitalize on the shipping and the 10% birthday discount). By the time I went back to order, they had removed the pre-embargos. I was seriously bummed.
    Wow, I start to post a legitimate reply, and by the time I get it typed and posted we've descended into sperm jokes. What is this place coming to?

(Actually, I thought about making a reference to "giving up billions of potential kids" too, but chose to refrain. Oh well.)
    lol well i just have to try one that is all i can say
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Scrambler:
    posted we've descended into sperm jokes. What is this place coming to?
    hehe.. you're funny... I like you

What's this business about a 10% birthday discount??!?? Madonna and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the anniversary of the death of Elvis and Babe Ruth (ok.. it was a lousy LOUSY day in history.. sorry about that). Anyway, is there some sort of discount I'm yet to be made aware of?
    but this is how i look at it henry you have to try it cause only you know what you like but look at it this way its an experience so if bad or good either way it shouldnt be a waste of money
    dutyje:
    Scrambler:

What's this business about a 10% birthday discount??!?? Madonna and I will be celebrating our birthdays on the anniversary of the death of Elvis and Babe Ruth (ok.. it was a lousy LOUSY day in history.. sorry about that). Anyway, is there some sort of discount I'm yet to be made aware of?
    Yeah, apparently ccom gives you a 10% discount for your birthday... I found this out when I placed an order two days before my bday and then got the email...coulda saved $25... oh well.
    dutyje:
    Scrambler:

lol, I figured someone would catch that.

I didn't know anything about it until I got an email saying "To help you celebrate your big day, I'd like to offer you a 10% discount on any order you place at Cigar.com in the next few weeks (valid on orders of $100.00 or more)." Pretty cool, but I had just placed a $125 order the night before...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dammit, I shouldn't have bought all those cigars!
    See, this is the kind of useful information I come here for. I've got a b'day coming up in a couple weeks, so I'll start planning. Is the 10% on top of the COTMC discount?
    j0z3r:
    DiasFlak:
    I wouldn't resort to giving up body parts.... You'd just have to part with like $20....edit: $25

yeah but finding a real cuban and then trying to buy it and not get in trouble thats hard to do but a 46 year old cigar i donno thats just something ive got to try
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    DiasFlak:
    yeah but finding a real cuban and then trying to buy it and not get in trouble thats hard to do but a 46 year old cigar i donno thats just something ive got to try
    finding a 46 year old cigar is easy compared to finding a cuban?
    Ive smoked a cuban but not a 46 year old cigar... from anywhere

...let alone a 46 year old cuban.
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=510 the samplers on that link perhaps i read it wrong?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is a new cigar with a bit of pre-embargo tobacco in them. the cigar itself is not "cuban" and its by no means a puro.
    DiasFlak:
    j0z3r:
    DiasFlak:

The cigar being talked about is not 46 years old... perhaps the tobacco is, but the Camacho 1962 with pre-embargo tobacco is certainly not almost half a century old, I doubt its half a decade old. And I also doubt you'd want a 46 year old cigar anyhow, Cuban or not, it would probably be flavorless. And while you can get in trouble for buying Cubans, its not as likely as you'd think.
    i see....... so perhaps this cigar is not worth 25 dollars?
    j0z3r:
    DiasFlak:
    j0z3r:
    DiasFlak:

The cigar being talked about is not 46 years old... perhaps the tobacco is, but the Camacho 1962 with pre-embargo tobacco is certainly not almost half a century old, I doubt its half a decade old. And I also doubt you'd want a 46 year old cigar anyhow, Cuban or not, it would probably be flavorless. And while you can get in trouble for buying Cubans, its not as likely as you'd think.
    well if i ever find a true cuban for sell im sure i would buy it iam a risk taker =P
    urbino:
    See, this is the kind of useful information I come here for. I've got a b'day coming up in a couple weeks, so I'll start planning. Is the 10% on top of the COTMC discount?
    Yup, when I saw the email, my first thought was "damn, I'll bet its 'not valid with any other discount'" or some such, but its just an extra 10% lopped off the final total (excluding shipping). So it works even on the stuff thats not normally discounted for club members (like custom samplers, sale items). I'm strongly considering using it on a GoF sampler.
    No kidding. And some OpusX's. And a box of . . . something. Or even two.
    urbino:
    And a box of [Hemingways?]. Or even two.
    Fixed that one for ya, you can thank me later.
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    And a box of [Hemingways?]. Or even two.
    Fixed that one for ya, you can thank me later.
    Could be. I'll have to think about this one. I'm pretty well set on Hemingways at the moment, but I might spring for a few of the maduro singles. I've never had the maduro.
    Oh, haha I meant Hemingways for me not you, silly. I've been curious about the Masterpiece so I sprung for a fiver on auction last week and those things are massive. I'd like to try the maduro as well, I might look into a few when I'm off suspension.
    They are. They're also terrific. Supposedly, they're all rolled by one guy.