Home Cigar 101

Cigar sick

HestonCVHestonCV Posts: 5
Ive been smoking cigars every 3-4 days for about 2 months now. Every now and then I will feel sick and mildly queezy after a large cigar. Is there anyway to prevent this, and how often would I have to smoke to become addicted?

Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the cigar will still win...LFD Andalusian Bull kicked my @ss even after a huge meal 😈
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • HestonCVHestonCV Posts: 5
    What Charlie said about eating a nice meal before smoking a powerhouse. Myself I will blow through triple ligero for breakfast. That's just me though.

BTW what are you smoking? 
    Last night I smoked an Oliva serie V torpedo. That’s one of the ones that made me pretty sick
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the first two, be sure to smoke full bodied cigars on a full stomach. As far as becoming addicted, I have been smoking cigars for almost 25 years. Sometimes upto 20 in one week and there have been times where I went two weeks without a cigar. I’ve never felt a physical addiction. Nor have I ever met someone with a physical addiction. However there is a psychological condition called CAS. Stick around here for a while and you’ll discover what it is.
    I tell my students that cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    I feel sick and get stomach cramps at the thought of being married.

So, you're telling us you're engaged?  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now, addy up so we can send you wedding gifts.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us have been there, congrats.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure am glad the little lady never uses my computer, I'll say that. :D
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will pass as you build a tolerance to the nicotine. Sugar will counter act the sickness. Either sugar packs or a sugary soda
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    deadman said:
    This will pass as you build a tolerance to the nicotine. Sugar will counter act the sickness. Either sugar packs or a sugary soda
    But sugar is deadly, which 'they' all agree on nowadays.  So, cigars are a gateway drug to the hard stuff?
    😂 it is truly a sickness
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is more specific than "full meal before cigar", I say "carbs before cigar". Pasta, bread, potatos, I'm no scientist but, carbohydrates get broken down into sugars as you digest them. Sugar has often been mentioned as a quick cure after you get cigar-sickness, but if you're body is already producing sugars, you can probably avoid the sickness altogether. 

• edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    That "sick feeling" you are speaking of is more of a nicotine rush.  Some cigars contain more nicotine than others and this response is your body letting you know.  Some people can tolerate stronger cigars better than others.  Usually a nice meal before a strong cigar will help with the sick feeling