Home General Discussion

Smokin' sheds

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Winter cold temps have me daydreaming about having a place to smoke when the thermometer dips into the arctic zone for months at a time. Saw this on the interwebs and would love to have something like it in the backyard. Anybody have a cool outdoor man cave like this?

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont have one but i was thinkin about getting a pot belly stove for my detached garage. its just feels so isolated in there when the door is closed. i decided against it.

that thing looks great though. dry walled, lighting, furniture... maybe my next house will have room enough to build one of those.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does look really slick for sure! I'm pretty sure that a few peeps have some, I could swear Pross was one of them.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    I feel you on the cold weather. I wish I had something like that but unfortunately it's not possible for me. I'm stuck going to the cigar bar until it warms up. That "shed" looks pretty awesome though. It's like a tiny house
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we lived in NY, I had an 8 x 10 tool shed with a window in the back. On rainy or cold days, I used to go in there and smoke. I had a table, a couple of chairs set up and that was my "cave."

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes indeed, every winter, daydreamin'. Then spring comes and nothin' gets built.

Lately, I've got a specific idea in mind for my back yard. My scheme is to build a child's playhouse as cheaply as possible. Make it just tall enough for me to stand up in and just wide enough to have a few chairs. Maybe 4'x8'. For heat, a propane burner or space heater. A 4" exhaust fan to get the stale smoke out and keep fresh air coming in. Since I don't need anything permanent right now, come springtime, I'd drag it out to the front yard and sell it.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I've got a 10x12 Toughshed in the back yard that is my smoke shack, but it ain't anywhere as nice as that one.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are a lot less work to build.
    http://www.shedsunlimited.net/VinylStockSheds.html
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of those would be a dream to have no matter what season!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you live near a Mennonite enclave save a ton of money. There not as fancy but they are strong and ready for any do it your selfer.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Man those look cool! Would love to have one.. :(
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these Texas and California guys are just rubbing it in. Maybe Stubble since he doesn't want to get any rattlesnakes running up on him, but Jason come on. You go in the shed to avoid sun burn in Sacramento?
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I think these Texas and California guys are just rubbing it in. Maybe Stubble since he doesn't want to get any rattlesnakes running up on him, but Jason come on. You go in the shed to avoid sun burn in Sacramento?
    Ha! When it's 110 out here in the summer the shade is nice. A little portable fan and it's perfect. You guys hide in the winter, we hide in the summer.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another idea that I'm interested in for a year-round smoking shed. I have been inspired by this photo I found somewhere on the net. Kinda like a screened in gazebo. Keeps the mosquitoes out in the summer. You could probably have a fire pit (or a chiminera?) in there on cool nights. In winter you could tarp the screen windows and crank up the propane heater or you could even set up a wood burning stove.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Nice!

Also, you could run an air conditioner and a space heater simultaneously year-round and never have to worry about temperature varations again, right Morgan? ;^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stubble build an outbuilding, but I believe he only smokes on the porch of it.  @Rhamlin built a cigar lounge in his house, so jealous, I've got a patio heater under a metal awning in the back yard and I get rained on when the wind kicks up.  Not enough room in my back yard for a shed.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I converted an outside storage area off our apartment deck into my cigar room 
    Man I really dig the art!!
    Yakster said:
    @Stubble build an outbuilding, but I believe he only smokes on the porch of it.  @Rhamlin built a cigar lounge in his house, so jealous, I've got a patio heater under a metal awning in the back yard and I get rained on when the wind kicks up.  Not enough room in my back yard for a shed.
    Yes I did:)
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭

Most of you have enough cigars to just open a lounge. Build it and friends will come. 
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Are you sure he didn't build an outhouse and not a shed. Better watch them fumes. :) Seriously has anyone thought of using pallets to build a shed? You can get them free and are easy to nail or screw together and insulate between the boards and all you need is to put some siding or wood on the outside.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a 2 story playhouse for the kids when they were little out of pallets, it could work for a smoke shack.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    84CJ7 said:
    Here's mine.  A little warm during the Georgia summers though.  (not me in the picture)
    Gorgeous!!!
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

I collected different shotgun shells and put them on a string of white Christmas lights.  It's kinda "white trash" but they stay up all year.