Home Non Cigar Related

Does anyone live in western VA?

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,some of you know that we've been planning on moving to NC and I've found an affordable property in Grundy,VA. I was wondering if you know anything about the area. If so would you PM me as I have some questions. Thanks
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I can tell you about Virginia is that I absolutely love living in NC.  And the top three executives in state government are in a heap of trouble.!
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father in laws lives about 1 hr from Grundy 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have spent time traveling in that part of the state. Wish I had moved there instead of TN. It is beautiful country and the people are open and friendly. You can go as rural as you want or be close to some older and smaller cities. There is the big city always in driving distance, they are not huge. Congestion is way down unless its Sunday and you may have a backup of 2 or 3 cars, again depending on how rural. There are lots of animal friendly people and neighbors watch out for each other, been awhile so I really don't know if that has changed.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    Only thing I can tell you about Virginia is that I absolutely love living in NC.  And the top three executives in state government are in a heap of trouble.!
    Don't judge Va by the politics inside the beltway. Completely different then the rest of the state. They should make "inside the beltway" a separate state, to be avoided.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VA is a great state despite it's current political mania. Taxes are low, gas is cheap, scenery is exceptional. Not much experience with the western end, but I spend a good deal of time around Winchester. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    YankeeMan said:
    Don't judge Va by the politics inside the beltway. Completely different then the rest of the state. They should make "inside the beltway" a separate state, to be avoided.
    I thought that was called "Washington D.C."?  Surely you're not advocating expansion of that?!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe he was referring to the current extremist governor and his following of yes-men. Lot of stuff just came out of the closet last week, not to mention the current bill in progress which wants to make abortion legal even AFTER birth. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in West by God Virginia. That count?