Home Cigar 101

Arturo Fuentes Cigars

Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I’m just finishing my first AF cigar...Hemingway from @84CJ7. There is a woody/nuttiness that I’m getting out of it that I like a lot. In your experience, is this a characteristic to the Hemingways or to the Fuentes cigars in general? Very enjoyable smoke!
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
#f**kyourhashtags

Comments

• Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @Yakster. I get the woody notes from a lot of sticks, but have never gotten the nutty flavors like this one. I'll be curious to know if it's the Cameroon wrapper. Thanks again!
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Praline.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    So, I’m just finishing my first AF cigar...Hemingway from @84CJ7. There is a woody/nuttiness that I’m getting out of it that I like a lot. In your experience, is this a characteristic to the Hemingways or to the Fuentes cigars in general? Very enjoyable smoke!
    Yep, I'd say you are tasting the cameroon wrapper.
    Arturo Fuente uses cameroon on a lot of their cigars, which is why they are so good.
    Sweet cedar/woodsy tastes are common with cameroon.
    I wouldn't say it is a characteristic of all AF cigars, because some of them are sungrown, maduro, etc.
    But it is pretty common amongst the AF cigars with cameroon wrappers.

Welcome to the world of cameroon wrappers.
    You now see why so many people love cameroon wrappers.

Some cigars with cameroon wrappers will have a slightly different taste, because of the fillers, but most of them will have a sweet woodsy taste to them, supplemented by other tastes, such as cinnamon, fruit and earthy tastes.

Take a read on this page, to get an idea of some cameroon cigars to give a try.
     https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/897067

Eric, @Echambers may be able to chime in more on this subject.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Willy_MN said:
    Yep, I'd say you are tasting the cameroon wrapper.
    Arturo Fuente uses cameroon on a lot of their cigars, which is why they are so good.
    Sweet cedar/woodsy tastes are common with cameroon.
    I wouldn't say it is a characteristic of all AF cigars, because some of them are sungrown, maduro, etc.
    But it is pretty common amongst the AF cigars with cameroon wrappers.

Welcome to the world of cameroon wrappers.
    You now see why so many people love cameroon wrappers.

Some cigars with cameroon wrappers will have a slightly different taste, because of the fillers, but most of them will have a sweet woodsy taste to them, supplemented by other tastes, such as cinnamon, fruit and earthy tastes.

Take a read on this page, to get an idea of some cameroon cigars to give a try.
     https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/897067

Eric, @Echambers may be able to chime in more on this subject.
    That is great information and a great list post too @0patience! Thanks for taking the time to post it. Looks like my To-Try list continues to grow!  B)
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things I like about AF cigars is their construction. Nice even long burn with very few touch ups.