Home General Discussion
Options

Expanded wrapper

I pulled a Padilla 68 out of the humi tonight and found what looked like a small crack in the wrapper. It was right at the foot and was only about 1/8 of an inch long so I thought it would be ok. After lighting it and getting a few puffs everything that wasnt covered by the band expanded. The crack grew the length of the stick but not under the band. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I was pretty pissed cause that was the only 68 I had and it was to be my first one. I have never had a cigar balloon up like that and it was at the head and the foot. What could have caused this? My humi is 67% and 68 degrees so I cant imagine it had anything to do with levels but to be sure I checked the other sticks and didnt find any cracks or ballooning.

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Dustin1981:
    I pulled a Padilla 68 out of the humi tonight and found what looked like a small crack in the wrapper. It was right at the foot and was only about 1/8 of an inch long so I thought it would be ok. After lighting it and getting a few puffs everything that wasnt covered by the band expanded. The crack grew the length of the stick but not under the band. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I was pretty pissed cause that was the only 68 I had and it was to be my first one. I have never had a cigar balloon up like that and it was at the head and the foot. What could have caused this? My humi is 67% and 68 degrees so I cant imagine it had anything to do with levels but to be sure I checked the other sticks and didnt find any cracks or ballooning.
    I dont know i would have been pissed to seem everything Including Cigars is Getting Screwed by INFLATION! I would mark it up as a To tightly rolled stick more than likey a Fluk or a bad inspection got through.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    I had that happen to a "Reclaimed" Montecristo White (i.e. it was dried out once, then took 6 months rehumidifying it) and don't know why, but when i threw it off my balcony the whole wrapper came off and floated away.