Home Cigar 101

What is a good, inexpensive humidor for a beginner?

Answers

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    16 qt Ziploc weathershield and six 65 Rh Boveda packs. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coleman xtreme cooler. Best to be prepared. If you're here you'll need it in no time. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Coleman xtreme cooler. Best to be prepared. If you're here you'll need it in no time. 
    ^^^ This ^^^

Welcome to the forum, @TeleSmoke0101
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Is there a reason almost everyone on this forum is a trolling ****?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason almost everyone on this forum is a trolling ****?
    Not everyone is trolling *****.  Only the new ones that joined the forum this last Thursday.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's contagious.  Giving you the benefit of the doubt, we get trolled A LOT by fools, and crusaders with axes to grind, etc.  You come on strong, as if you knew us and what's going on here.  That may not be your fault.  Time will tell.  It always does.  

We also have some long-time stalkers.  @silverdak , @shortstack , and others who frequent out conversations, years of stalking and lurking, NOT ONE POST!  Makes one leery of people who pop up out of nowhere and act like they're part of the gang.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I'm confused, I thought you were trolling us. There are a hundred threads like this if you look around a little bit. Same with your question about the Trades, Passes and Bombs section. If you just look around a little bit instead of asking dumb questions and introduce yourself instead of starting dumb polls you would have gotten a warmer welcome.

Edit: I forgot about you asking about people's favorite country of origin and then saying cigar smokers are opinionated AF after ONE person answered your question. That's just stupid.
    Post edited by CharlieHeis on
    I'd give my firstborn son if Ccom would make people's IP address public, just to find out who this douchebag is...  if it's a current member, I'd put the ban-stick on him.
  • Lol, I know now why people have such bad opinions on cigar "experts". A newb like me joins a forum to try and learn from cigar smokers that have been in the game longer than himself and instead gets a bunch of rude, unwelcoming know it alls that call him a troll for being defensive to elitist pukes that labeled him as a troll when all he wanted was a little advice? With that being said there are a few good guys on this forum, wish everyone wasn't an elitist ass.......🤔. If this is what cigar smokers are like than I'm gonna smoke by myself.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, you could try reading cigarsonists posts.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elitist pukes.
    Harvard fraternities?

https://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I ride a bike for a living and live in an apartment the size of a single car garage, and these guys welcomed me with open arms. That doesn't feel like elitism. 
    How us elitist pukes look to the polite and courteous newb;

Image result for dont go away mad just go away
    Image result for dont go away mad just go away
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TeleSmoke0101

Your question was answered three times before getting one smart @ss comment (funny btw). Maybe you didn't understand the answers? I literally told you how I store my cigars.

I suggest you review your posts and how others reacted to them.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I'd give my firstborn son if Ccom would make people's IP address public, just to find out who this douchebag is...  if it's a current member, I'd put the ban-stick on him.

season 1 friday GIF
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ride a bike for a living and live in an apartment the size of a single car garage, and these guys welcomed me with open arms. That doesn't feel like elitism. 
    And I work at a grocery store. We are so elitist.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I work at a grocery store. We are so elitist.
    Maybe we're just bad at elitism. If you worked at Whole Foods and I biked for one of those tourist bike taxi carriages we could make it work. 
  • JonTbeastJonTbeast Posts: 10
    I don’t think anyone is expecting to be told to put something they have spent a decent amount of money on in a ziplock, like a balogna sandwich.  But I have been told repeatedly to do the same thing for cigars that don’t fit in my humidor and it works well!  

I do appreciate the sarcasm that I have seen, way to make a **** ass feel at home!