Home General Discussion

Opus X Rare Estate 1992

Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey y’all...what can you tell me about these? Are they worth picking up?

Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
#f**kyourhashtags

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $60-ish. When were these made? They look like they have some age, by the looks of the cello
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to me but they are worth it to many.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've seen that tin before...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they are a yearly release.  Last one I got was in 2014.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO -all Opus X is good Opus X (but your wallet will dictate if you buy or not depending on price)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Thanks for the input guys. They came up all of a sudden...they were in a friend’s uncle’s humidor. The uncle recently passed away. They’ve supposedly been well cared for. Going to stop over to check out what else is in there some night this week. Supposedly a “few hundred” sticks in there. He has four of the tins. I did buy the one above for $60...was looking for something special to enjoy on my upcoming birthday. Thanks again!
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My b&m has them tins for $50 a piece last I checked. They also have a bunch of the 2015/2016 TAA charity boxes for $50. 

The tins are released twice annually to all Fuente certified shops. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    A tin of 3 for $60ish is a bit high
    Thank you guys for the insight...it’s appreciated! MN is terrible with its “sin taxes” (freaking liberals LOL), so it’s pretty hard to get really good pricing at the B&Ms. I talked to a couple other shops on the phone, and they have them at $75 😐
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trouble with taxes is that everybody hates paying them but appreciate good roads, schools, police services, etc.
    If you'd like anything in particular I don't mind shipping some stuff out to you. Will be stopping by the shop on Tuesday. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Markwell said:
    If you'd like anything in particular I don't mind shipping some stuff out to you. Will be stopping by the shop on Tuesday. 

Thanks man. I appreciate it
    edited February 2019
    BKDog said:
    @Markwell A 9.5 oz. bag of Lays Barbecue chips would be great, thanks.
    I'm not sure if the chips pair better with the Oliva Nub Dub or maybe Fruity Pebbles cereal, but I am going to find out.

Trade ya some Lays for nachos.