Home Non Cigar Related

Moving to St. Louis

Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
I've accepted my dream job, and now I'm moving to St. Louis. For those of you who are familiar with the city, what are some good places for food and good cigar shops?

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the job
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, may it exceed your wildest expectations.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring your own glassware

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new job and the new City

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the job. Cant help with the area
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, I imagine the Lou Crew will jump you in.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the new job!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!  I know nothing about St. Louis except that I enjoyed the Zoo and Museum very much, and the streets on the ground don't necessarily line up with the ones on the map.  Or in the GPS.  But, after driving for an hour, I did find myself back where I'd started. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comgrats and welcome to the Lou. We are always excited to have new members to the Lou Crew!!!  Where abouts are you moving to? Or do you know yet?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

There are good places to eat all over the metro. The Hill, downtown, Soulard, Clayton for the fancy types lol. I can go on and on. As far as cigar shops... Gran Cru in Soulard, The Hill Cigar company, there are a couple in Clayton, Rackhouse in Cottleville, there are several others as well. Just depends on where you are going. 

• Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone.

matkn293 said:
    Comgrats and welcome to the Lou. We are always excited to have new members to the Lou Crew!!!  Where abouts are you moving to? Or do you know yet?
    No, I don't know yet. The company I'll be with have hired some consultants for me to help with the move.. I'll be working downtown around market street. I'd like to live down there too so I can walk to work, but the apartments there seem a bit small...
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    There are good places to eat all over the metro. The Hill, downtown, Soulard, Clayton for the fancy types lol. I can go on and on. As far as cigar shops... Gran Cru in Soulard, The Hill Cigar company, there are a couple in Clayton, Rackhouse in Cottleville, there are several others as well. Just depends on where you are going. 
    I almost moved to Clayton for a Private Equity job.... It's a nice area there from what I recall..

I'm definitely going to need a new Friday hangout. as one of those locations.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!  I know nothing about St. Louis except that I enjoyed the Zoo and Museum very much, and the streets on the ground don't necessarily line up with the ones on the map.  Or in the GPS.  But, after driving for an hour, I did find myself back where I'd started. 
    Reminds me of the drunken man theory which states that if a drunk starts out from a lamp post and takes a random number of steps in a random number of directions he’ll eventually end up back at the lamp post where he started. 

Sounds like fun.....  😜
    If you are looking downtown you will find a lot of loft style unless you go a bit further out such as Midtown and South City. There are plenty of places to look. Soulard is another are that may interest you but you wouldn’t be waking to work. Is fairly close though. They will be opening up ballpark village lofts soon. Probably pricey but a fantastic location. 

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother in law also just moved to St. Louis, he took advice and did not get screwed on a house.  I was actually proud of the kid, he did good.  Any way I'll ask him if he's had a chance to get out where the spots are.  Mark is a wealth of information though, second thought just keep getting advice from Mark.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    What does San Jose and St Louis have in common?

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    What does San Jose and St Louis have in common?
    They drink their beer out of the bottle

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Michael is correct, but I did drink beer out of the bottle last night rather than use the flimsy plastic hotel cups.

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally refrained from posting something g like this......

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    It is a Patrick way of saying that.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the job and relocation, the best thing I know about 
    st Lois is that it isn't that far from TN, lol.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the job, St Louis is fun.  I used to make it down there every year for ruggerfest.  
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
    Well ^^^^ is something I don’t know about. 

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats @Thanatos0320. When are you moving?
    i feel a herf coming on....