Home Cigar 101
Options

Vintage D Crown Reed & B Humidor Trouble Identifying

FragosFragos Posts: 1
So I've gone through and sold, over the past years, a bulk of my Father's collection of humidors from around the globe keeping ones I truly love for this or that reason. I am re-seasoning this particular one to bring out to the bar at my wedding. I brought it down to my local cigar shop and the owner offered me a ton of cigars and I could pick any humidor in his shop for it. I have a few of these older R&B era DC's but he said that with all his contacts he cannot find that particular model (The unique shape and weren't a lot of these made?) and has been looking for a decade. Since I have only been into cigars for about a decade can someone enlighten me on why this particular one is getting so much attention? Thanks......I'm keeping it but I also emailed a/the tobacco co.  (I live about 30 min from Ybor City)  and the guy asked if I could bring it by and "he" was very interested, etc. Please help if you have this model. Mick

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Diamond Crown.
    Even if it isn't one of the limited, it still commands a decent price.
    What are the markings on the bottom? 
    Should be a stamp on the bottom.
    It looks like a Washington model, but with more flare to it.
    Probably one of the presidential series humidors.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a beauty
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for 2 days I have been wondering what Vitamin D had to do with humidors.  :p