Home Non Cigar Related

Job Interview Said Don't Wear a Suit, do it Anyway?

2»

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well??
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it went well! I’ll hear from them within two weeks. It says online that they normally do that regardless of whether they hire you or not so we’ll see. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll PM a bunch of you Calvin's number so you can call him and mess with him... 

"Hello Mr. Hobbs...  We would've hired you if you would've dressed up more."

"We really liked that you had broccoli in your teeth to show you can relate to the common man, but..."
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, you guys don't play fair. Sorry Mr Hobbs but we went in another direction, someone who doesn't smoke cigars.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well all but one of you failed the directions test therefore I can't hire any of you... the email said please do not feel the need to wear a suit but did not imply anything against it if you did. 
    Yeah, yeah I'm a day late and a dollar short but hope it works out for ya Calvin keep us posted.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Well, how'd it go?
    If he followed our advice, he went naked and that may or may not have given a good first impression.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    They usually wait a week or two before letting you know one way or the other. I'm guessing it's to run a background check. I'll let you all know.
    No luck, got a standardized rejection email today. It was probably because I didn't wear a suit, not because I didn't have any relevant work experience. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry buddy.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @CalvinAndHobo , they don't know what they are missing out on. A great loyal employee.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let that hold you back Calvin,  I got the standard rejection email last week for a job I don't even remember putting in for,  had to have been a couple years ago. Keep knocking on those doors brother.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least they did not leave you wondering Randy.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Brother,but something better will come along, it's meant to be.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each interview is good practice for the next one.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear, Calvin. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    sorry to hear that Calvin. OTOH, if you and that company were not a good fit you may have avoided future problems with them. Onward.
    edit: and congrats for winning Ricky's contest.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Each interview is good practice for the next one.

Exactly right.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F' em......Everything happens for a reason. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry brother 
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey you could always go somewhere else kill the interview and then turn them down for a quick little pick me up. 😉
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that brother.  Don't give up, I was in the same boat 14 months ago and getting the same letters.   The offers I did get were significantly lower pay so I had to take a temporary job until I found the right job.

Yeah I'm still where I've been for the past two years. It's not a big setback or anything, it's just always a bummer to get to the final stage and be turned down. It's all good though I'm definitely doing better than I was a few years ago.