Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

March Madness 2019

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Howdy Gents....

Basic rules are below pasted from years past.  If you'd be in, post it here and will go from there. 

Simple March Madness brackets contest that we have done here for years.  Will be on yahoo sports and use their default scoring.

Buy in will be around $40 in sticks, nothing too crazy.  Your choice... five (or so) 8 dollar sticks, two twenty dollar ones...whatever.  We can all be reasonable here knowing that bundle budget sticks, Gurkha, most Patel's, etc shouldn't be included.  Also, we all know Cubans list for $10 there---are not 10 here. Be reasonable and be generous.

Payouts will be between the top 2 or 3 participants depending on how many we have...to hopefully spread the fun to a little more than a winner take all type. 

Who ships to who will be decided upon first come to sign up. 

If you are interested please reply here that you are in, and I will PM you the invite link along with the password to join when it opens up.

Any questions feel free to ask, otherwise...let's all have some fun.

Comments

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon boys and girly men 
  • KrucialKrucial Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I’m still not 100% clear on how it works but count me in! How is a winner decided?  

Also- side question: what’s up with RP and Gurkha that they are frowned upon?  It’s always seems to me that Gurkha is a bit of a marketing gimmick but what about Rocky Patel?
    Krucial, you can enter....but considering you are new, I would have to ask that you send your winnings in an act of good faith to someone else to hold. People have been burned in the past and I won't let that happen to anyone.

As far as Rocky Patel, to each his own but I don't have any respect for someone who produces 17 new Blends per week and has no consistency within his product. Not to mention everything can be found at a deep discount in a very short time, leading to further question his quality.
    edited February 2019
    Thats cool, I can send in advance, who should I send to?  The gist is that the cigars have to be $40 total in value right? How are winners determined? Thanks for the answer Vulchor
    edited February 2019
    Wow nevermind, I am an idiot.  I thought this was something else.  I’m still in, I’ll send mine to someone for safe keeping just let me know who.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell why not. 
    Me, NorCal, Krucial, CalvinandHobo.....im sure we have more. 
    Getting closer folks
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never done this but I’ll get in. My son can help me with the brackets. I’ll win fo sho!  😂
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Thats the ticket my man! 
    Looks like this will be winner take all unless we get more signups soon.  
    Me, NorCal, Krucial, CalvinandHobo, SkyDiver.......winner take all fun and brackets come out this weekend. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colleen is in, send me info
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Link to join is below. Please put your name/handle from here somewhere in your entry to keep easier track for everyone 
    https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/40283/invitation?key=e32e2eee9fd5f488&soc_trk=lnk
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. 

In it to win it!  Never watched a game of college bball in my entire life.  No worries though, I got this... :D
    Where be members of Da Loo-Zer crew?  I'm sure that @matkn293 is still crying about losing 2 of his top three scorers somewhere on social media. :D   This is his chance for redemption and a chance to win my Backwoods...….  B)
    edited March 2019
    Me (in), NorCal (in), Krucial (maybe...MIA), CalvinandHobo (in), SkyDiver(in),  PatrickBrick.......get those picks in before tip offs Thursdsy. Who else wants in? 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the picks off
    Before the tip off
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In and signed up
    The Shizz is In.  I'm renoving the newer guy who hasnt responded in 2 weeks or sent his end yet unless someone else can vouch for an issue.

Also, unless we get at least 4 more sign ups, I say we just make it winner take all. 

Me (in), NorCal (in), CalvinandHobo (in), SkyDiver(in),  PatrickBrick, Shizz(in)......get those picks in before tip offs Thursdsy. Who else wants in? 
    Come on everybody!  Easy money here, I never watch college (or pro) Bball so sheeitttt.  I'm already packing up the box to ship to da champ!  :D
    @Vulchor. I received @Krucial newbie trade and it was a quality 5r. Did you send him a PM? 

edited March 2019
    I did.  He hasnt signed in for 2 weeks either. 
    Last chance for anyone to join.....PatBrick, get that bracket in buddy. 
  • OceanfrontbackwoodsOceanfrontbackwoods Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor said:
    The Shizz is In.  I'm renoving the newer guy who hasnt responded in 2 weeks or sent his end yet unless someone else can vouch for an issue.

Also, unless we get at least 4 more sign ups, I say we just make it winner take all. 

Me (in), NorCal (in), CalvinandHobo (in), SkyDiver(in),  PatrickBrick, Shizz(in)......get those picks in before tip offs Thursdsy. Who else wants in? 
    Hey guys! I'm in! Newish, but on  the gtl and will be at the Columbia herf this weekend too 😁 please pm with info. Go Vols 😏
  • OceanfrontbackwoodsOceanfrontbackwoods Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
     Go Vols!!
    Well, my son isn’t doing too bad. Hopefully some of his early blinders can get corrected soon so I can swoop into first.  :D

Yes im buzzing heavily right now. Whoop whoop!