Home Cigar 101

Montecristo tins

Cigar_2316Cigar_2316 Posts: 4
Hello, new here, signed up to ask a question about some memories I picked up.....is this mold or just discoloring, it did not rub off or appear to smear.

Thank you

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Cut one open and see if it’s inside. Me I’d just smoke till I get close to the white spot then toss it. 😀
  • Cigar_2316Cigar_2316 Posts: 4
    Its a green spot
    doesnt rub off or smear, but I'm a novice. 
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like mold to me. Green is natural, not necessarily an indicator of mold on cigars. Shade grown Cuban seed tobacco can naturally often have green splotches, and sometimes may occur during the curing process.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Thank you sir
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your life insurance is paid up.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Not mold

green spots are
     genetic to all Cuban-seed tobaccos, especially tobaccos that are “shade grown.” They're also often caused by water spots that occurred on the plant during the curing process. They may not be pretty, but the blemishes will generally not affect the flavor of the cigar.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not mold

green spots are
     genetic to all Cuban-seed tobaccos, especially tobaccos that are “shade grown.” They're also often caused by water spots that occurred on the plant during the curing process. They may not be pretty, but the blemishes will generally not affect the flavor of the cigar.
    I caught myself putting all of the bold words in order to find the hidden message. It did not make sense. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...