Home General Discussion

Label Makers, Who's Using Them?

TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
Basically looking for a good label maker that will do paper labels, preferably smaller labels and can set the thing to print a lot of the same label at a time.
Example,

CCOM  (Where its from)
19R       (R=Release)        
3/19     (Date Received)

OR

CCOM 19R
TX98Z28 3/19

Y'all get the idea. Everything kept nice and small font etc. I'm sick and tired of hand writing labels for 100's of cigars, ink not drying, smearing, just done with it! If you got a good label maker post up a pic or two of what it can do and what model number it is etc.

Thanks Fellas

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LabelPoint
    Not sure the model.
    I have one I use at work for labeling airlines and wires on equipment.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a simple system like the one above (where its from and date received). I found that the Avery labels work the best

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Have you considered buying sheets of labels, downloading the template for the labels, and printing them on your printer?
    I had no idea this was even an option till you mentioned it. I’ll be honest I’m not the best when it comes to working on computers.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    peter4jc said:
    Have you considered buying sheets of labels, downloading the template for the labels, and printing them on your printer?
    I had no idea this was even an option till you mentioned it. I’ll be honest I’m not the best when it comes to working on computers.
    If you have a printer hooked up to a computer with an internet connection you'll have no problem.  You'd save the blank template, fill in one of the labels and then copy/paste as many as you want.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    peter4jc said:
    If you have a printer hooked up to a computer with an internet connection you'll have no problem.  You'd save the blank template, fill in one of the labels and then copy/paste as many as you want.
    So when you buy the sheets I’m assuming the instructions for everything are included on downloading etc.? This I can manage, thought it was more complicated.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used this outfit before for buying the labels;

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/OL1930.htm?src=-410

That's a .5 x 1" label, 160/sheet, and you might end up having to buy more sheets than you want...  They have round ones too.

At the bottom left of that page they have the templates ready to download as a Word doc.  They also have their own label creating software that you can do it online w/o downloading a template, but I haven't tried that.

It will most likely take some dicking around and getting frustrated.  I know it's easy, but that's because I've already gone through the frustration.

You can search for Avery labels and see what sizes they have too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    @peter4jc Thanks Peter, much appreciated! I looked at the Avery label earlier on Office Depot and they had like over 500 different ones to print on! I'll check out your source here. Thank you again.
    Thank you everyone for the feedback!