Home Non Cigar Related

serious problem with cigar.com integrity

Hi fellow cigar-enthusiasts, just wanted to share an unfortunate incident. Cigar.com really dropped the ball on this.  I recently placed an order which was never received. I subsequently learned after speaking with an extremely arrogant customer service rep named Matt, that  despite clear instructions for delivery to my home address, my order was shipped to a location used on a previous order. I was told "this is our policy" (that is an actual quote).  Their policy essentially disregards current delivery instructions and "defaults" delivery to the previously used location.  When I requested either a refund or that my order be filled as submitted I was told by Matt, "That's not going to happen" (I requested to speak with a supervisor, was told none available but one would call me shortly - that call never came). 

Below is part of the reply received from a Becky in customer service (actually it's customer non-service).  I filed a dispute with AMEX since Cigar.com refused to work with me - and this dispute now becomes the excuse as to why Cigar.com will not resolve my issue.  Truly unbelievable. 

Drew 

----------------
Becky
 3/14/2019

Drew,

We apologize for the confusion concerning this order. At this time, we will not be able to move forward with a resolution because a charge dispute was initiated on the order. We are unable to provide any options for a solution until the dispute is settled. Please contact us at 800-357-9800 for further details. 

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know, and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Becky
Customer Service

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had nothing but excellent service from Ccom. I would love to see a reply from Ccom on here because I find your complaint hard to believe.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've changed delivery destinations in the past, without issue.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dispute you started with your CC company will most likely end up w/ you getting a refund and Ccom not getting paid from the CC company.  So how can Ccom settle with you now?  There's no way they can resolve your issue once you initiate a dispute.

And...  why are you telling us this?  Hoping to get some sympathy from us?  Hoping that because you are unhappy w/ Ccom, we'll all jump ship and never buy from them?  Why register and join the forum just to post this drivel here?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that has almost happened to me, defaulting to another shipping address, but I caught it, it's right there on the check out page, over a button that says something like change shipping address. OP just didn't notice. Not ccom's fault, but somewhat confusing if one is inattentive.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me! Made it all the way to Colorado, but ccom changed the destination, and it arrived, only 2 days late! Don’t know Matt, but AndyD has always taken care of me! Sometimes I order by 3 pm, and it arrives by 10 am the next day! Great customer service!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Odd, I make several orders shipped to other addresses, quite often.
    Never had a problem.
    As recently as December, I had an order of 5 Vegas shipped to JD.
    On the one hand, I get your frustration and Matt does sound like a douche,

On the other hand, never having had that problem, I don't get why they would say that it is their policy, when they have delivered to alternate addresses.

And yet another reason I usually call my order in. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm, guessing he did not change the destination until it was too late, then did not bother to call to make sure they got the reroute, but that is just a guess.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only issue I have ever had is for some reason ccom and CI changes the town on my address. I really don’t understand this and it takes a few days for the PO to figure out and correct, but I do receive my shipment. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this same circumstance has happened to me from the other side. Meaning my two-bit cigar selling arrangement with FX Smith. Had a guy move from TN to NC without giving his new address. Time it occurred to him, his package was already on its way. Come to think of it, there was also a snowbird who went to Florida a couple winters back, called asking where the heck's his cigars. In the first case, FX called up UPS and re-routed the package. I think it cost me like 25 or 30 bucks. In the second case, I told the guy call his neighbor & ask him fetch the box off the porch so the cigars wouldn't have to set out in the snow all winter. Then I sent him a new shipment to FL. I always figure a new box may cost a couple bucks but a happy customer is priceless. Guy's a regular now.

On the other hand, I dunno what Drew ordered, so I can't say how much c.com might be out if they had bent over backwards. Cheap enough to bend over when you make cheap gars; but maybe not cheap enough when you buy expensive ones & re-sell them. We also can't know what was Drew's tone of voice over the phone at the time he called Matt. That coulda made a diff too. We know Matt is a solid guy. Finally, mine is just a hobby business. I can take a beating and still pay the mortgage. C.com is obligated to make a payroll. They got more responsibilities.

My policy is simple: You gotta be happy. I never worry who's fault is it. C.com's policy may be more complicated. And there may be good reason for that.

Got a package en route right now to a guy who called up to remark he got a box with tight draw. He didn't ask for replacement. He's not sending them back. Just wanted to alert me. I turned around soon's I got off the phone and talked to the factory gal. She weighed a couple boxes, reported "Hey! Some of these weigh too much!", from which we deduced the guys running the machine musta dialed up too much baccy, which has happened before... so she sent a lighter box out. 

Drew, if you read this, all I'm saying is we have all had good experiences with c.com here. Try looking at your complaint from both sides. I'm sure c.com didn't get big as they are by treating people like knuckleheads. Maybe you both dropped the ball.

Okay. I gotta get back to work. Tons to do today. Spring is springing.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You filed a dispute with the credit card company over something which was entirely within your control to begin with. I'm sorry, but that's a real DiK move. I was once a member of Ebay/Paypal and had more than a decade of 100% service until some moron came along and decided he wanted something for FREE and filed a CC dispute. There's nothing a seller can do once you do this, it's out of their control.
    Some people, I swear.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when a first timer comes the this forum to unload a C R A P and never intends to be part of the community. Feel better now you got that of you chest? Dip wad!
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an order go sideways with CCOM as well, but it was the Unbelievably Slow Postal Service at fault.   Gave CCOM a call, got it straightened out and settled.   No issue with CCOM or their customer service.  The USPS now...that's a whole 'nother ballgame.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a package from a member here. Months and no one knows where it is. Don't think it is a cockroach steeling because we are rural and the local PO people drive up the driveway and put it on the porch if no one is home. The one damaged package Ccom offered to replace and it wasn't even their fault. I just can't find anything to complain about as far as Ccom is concerned.