Home General Discussion

Excellent Herf '19 Dates?

WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are we on? Do we have dates? Can Peter handle another influx of beer guzzlin' cigar smokers?
"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, vacation scheduling is happening now for me and I was wondering about the Milwaukee herf dates too. Last year I missed out. This year I'd rather not. Assuming Peter is willing to have us.  
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I  3 @Bob_Luken too, and @Wylaff and I'll even  <3@Usaf06 if he shows up in June.

I'm all for it, and would look forward to hosting again.  Third time's the charm, as the saying goes.

I had my secretary clear my calendar for June.  The weekend after Father's Day would be my first choice, Thurs. 6/20 thru Sun. 6/23.  The deciding factor will mainly be Brad @avengethis, whether he wants to be our smoker-slave again and what his schedule looks like.

The weather for that weekend is forecast to be sunny, in the mid-70's with low humidity.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    It looks like every weekend will be doubtful for Brad.  Let's just pick a weekend and go with it.

You long-distance brothers that need to schedule your vacation time, we'll start with suggestions from you.  What's your pleasure?
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down like a clown any weekend chosen.  Same as every year my house is open to those that want to come in early.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as i would love to attend again we have booked a 3 week trip to Greece and Ireland in July. I just don't see it happening so close.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    As much as i would love to attend again we have booked a 3 week trip to Greece and Ireland in July. I just don't see it happening so close.

Have fun bro,........ 
    sad michael scott GIF
    peter4jc said:
    It looks like every weekend will be doubtful for Brad.  Let's just pick a weekend and go with it.

You long-distance brothers that need to schedule your vacation time, we'll start with suggestions from you.  What's your pleasure?
    Since you asked,... :) Thurs. 6/20 thru Sun. 6/23 looks like a maybe. The following weekend 27th 28 29 30th looks way better for me. 
    June 27-30 is the front-runner then.  
    edited March 2019
    Hell yea, hope to see you again Jim!  Not to mention this yearly event was started for you.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure my family will love this landing on Father's day, but I'm looking forward to it.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    That's the best time to disappear, plus you can pull out the its my day card.  Let me know what time to pick you up at O'Hara Thursday.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fathers day is the June 16th, this year.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the time. We've got a baby sitter. We are trying to get @mrswylaff to come down with us.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Hell yea

MOW badge received.
    My guest room has been booked for Thursday, but there is still plenty of couch space available.  Just a few short months away.
    MOW badge received.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I can pull it off, but I will see what I can come up with.  How long was the drive @Patrickbrick
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere between 8-11 hours depending on how much you stop and how many detours you have to make on your way to his house. I'm definitely going to do something to make that better next time he gives me a ride. 
    One of the reclining couches upstairs and the lone piece couch downstairs are now booked.
    MOW badge received.
    Not yet, but there is still time.  I'm also going to ask him to bring his air mattress so we can accommodate more people.  Wayne put his request in, it was not the basement floor. Based on last years turn out and the need to eat again five minutes after, I will step up my dinner game this year too.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I can pull it off, but I will see what I can come up with.  How long was the drive @Patrickbrick
    After driving 28 hours (both ways) to 'do the mule' I would suggest a regional airline, I can fly from Mesa to Milwakee for $65. Do we have a definite date? 
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited March 2019
    In answer to @dirtdude's question, let's go with June 27-30 (so @Bob_Luken can make it), the 28th & 29th being the Friday and Saturday. 

People wanting to start early will most likely hang at Patrick's on Thursday like the last two years, but if they want to see more of Milwaukee they can come here early and leave on Sunday whenever.

Feel free to PM me before booking a BnB... one of John's examples is in a sketchier neighborhood.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We leave Saturday to go up North but I am going to try and make it down Friday for part of the day and dinner.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thank you Peter for vetting the BnB possibilities. Which one was sketchy?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.