Home Ratings & Reviews

Macanudo Inspirado White - Simple Cigar Analysis

Product: Macanudo Inspirado White 
Sizes Available: Churchill(7×48), Robusto(5×50), Robusto Toro(5×50), and Toro(6.5×50)
Wrapper: Ecuador Connecticut aged 6 years
Binder: Indonesian, Sumatra
Filler: Contains a mix of tobaccos from Mexico, Nicaragua and the United States aged 4 years
Country of origin: Honduras
Analysis: The Inspirado White is a great mild-bodied stick made by the Macanudo cigar company out of Honduras. It has an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper but don't let that fool you into believing that this is just another boring, light-bodied Connecticut. Sure, It has the characteristic smooth taste and tobacco aroma that you have come to expect in a shade cigar. However, that wrapper is aged 6 years. I also think what makes this cigar worth the money is whats under that wrapper. It has an Indonesian/Sumatra binder along with filler tobaccos from the United States, Mexico and Nicaragua that are also aged for no less than 4 years which give the cigar a nice diversity of flavor notes that kick the taste of this cigar up a slight notch. And all of those aged tobaccos really do make for a very sweet, smooth cigar. I'm not saying it's the most deeply complex stick out there but it does offer a nice set of light transitions in a cigar with a price of around 5 to 7 dollars from a great cigar manufacturer. 
Flavor Notes: The aroma I got from the pre-light draw reminds me of fresh grains or fresh hay with a clean tobacco flavor. When the cigar is lit it creates a very smooth velvety textured smoke, with a very very light pepper flavor that grows as you smoke the cigar down but never gets to that point where the cigar would be considered anything but the mild, light smoke that it is. It is a perfect specimen of a light bodied, mild Connecticut Shade cigar.
Overall impressions: With all of the boutique cigar companies and powerhouse companies out there in the cigar industry offering so many BOLD and complex, medium to full-bodied cigars it is nice when you still see those companies put out good, just solid, premium, mild to light-bodied sticks. I personally have grown to prefer a medium to full-bodied cigar but when I first started smoking cigars I did start with cigars like the Oliva Connecticut or the Macanudo Prince Philip Churchill. So every now and then I like to enjoy a Shade smoke and lately the creamy, smooth, lightly spicy Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto has been one of the cigars I go to when I want to scratch that itch.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get whiffs of salted sea air from that stick.

@Patrickbrick
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stewed prunes?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still laugh about that review. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    West coast almonds?  Andes mints?  ;)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.