Home Non Cigar Related

Mice-Lots of mice.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got a new mouse trap. Figured to clean out the last few now that the weather is changing.
Surprise Surprise. Got six of these traps. Put them down and four snapped in the first half hour. Put the four back in the same spot and they had all snapped again. Holly lets them lose in the chicken pens. Didn't know chickens ate meat. Gonna get six more before next winter.

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We just kill 'em.  They get crazy here in the fall after cutting the fields down.

I was gone for a couple weeks and had my son with me last year.  The wife didn't want to deal with them, so she bought electric traps.  Those things work great and you don't have to look at the mouse when it's dead.  She got 7 in two days with 4 traps.  Not a sound or a trail after that.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, @jd50ae, how does it work?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a while last year, I was hooked on this guy's YouTube videos...  Shawn Woods; subscribe and you'll be wildly entertained.

https://youtu.be/wvWD-E-gbkk
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    OK, @jd50ae, how does it work?
    Bait in the middle. Open on both ends to set trap (c o c k). Mouse comes in either end and springs the trap, closes both ends.. Shape allows for putting flush to wall or in tight spaces. Put one in the soup cabinet and caught one in 2 hours. Amazon under live mouse trap.

14 in 2 days.
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could start a mouse ranch and cat food canning factory, mouse flavored cat food would be a big seller.
    You could start a mouse ranch and cat food canning factory, mouse flavored cat food would be a big seller.
    Our 3 cats have caught but 2 mice.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Cut their rations by 3/4.  That should motivate them...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    edited March 2019
    Stubble said:
    jd50ae said:
    Cut their rations by 3/4.  That should motivate them...
    That is just mean. :)

PS Those electronic gizmos are useless. Trapped a mouse 10 inches from one.
    edited March 2019
    Put one behind my printer. Did not even get back to my chair before it snapped. 
    Traps=15 Traps=16 Another snap while removing the printer trap.
    Cats=2