Home Non Cigar Related

They postponed the vote!!!

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well the powers that be in N.J. decided to postpone the vote on legalizing marijuana because they didn't have enough votes for it to pass. I have to wonder how many of these uprightous political hacks (for a better name) smoke in private or drink alcohol? One of the dissenters used the excuse that they want to allow smoking areas where you purchase and then leave high and drive. I agree with that statement, so take the smoking areas out of the bill. How many of them drink and drive? So what's the difference? It's a shame for those that only want to smoke a little in their own home. Why penalize everyone for the stupid few who are going to do what they want anyway. Isn't that the way it usually goes though?
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they can decide that it won't go to a vote once it gets to a bill?
    How do they know that they don't have enough votes to pass, if it hasn't gone to vote.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point @Opatience.
    I don't want you to think that we are potheads, we both have serious medical conditions where a bit or two eases the pain. I am 66 with 3types of arthritis in all my joints, neck, back and spine. I'm 66 and Dawn is 71 with spinal stenosis that starts in c2 and goes all the way down her spine and back and arms. We are both allergic and opposed to opioid drugs. So if we get some relief from the pain and am able to sleep the night pain free what is the problem?
    Sleddog46 said:
    I don't want you to think that we are potheads, we both have serious medical conditions where a bit or two eases the pain. I am 66 with 3types of arthritis in all my joints, neck, back and spine. I'm 66 and Dawn is 71 with spinal stenosis that starts in c2 and goes all the way down her spine and back and arms. We are both allergic and opposed to opioid drugs. So if we get some relief from the pain and am able to sleep the night pain free what is the problem?
    There is no reason for marijuana to not be legalized, just for the hemp benefits alone.

You will probably see a strong run in the next couple years for more and more hemp products to come on to the market.
    The hemp industry, because of it's diversity, may become a strong contender for cotton and wood pulp.

With the medical industry starting to back the use of CBDs and marijuana, you are more likely to see the legalization of marijuana in most states with in the next 10 years. 

In the years prior to hemp becoming illegal, hemp seeds and material was used in cow feed. Consider that the dairy products may have been better in those days. LOL!

Just my opinion.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Tony, I just read something the other night that hemp was used in cow feed , chicken feed, and pigs. They are saying that when this was banned I believe it was 1938 that these good properties of hemp stopped getting into our systems thru milk and meat and that's when all these new diseases started to appear, due to the lack of the CBDs from the cannibis. 
    @Sleddog46
    I wouldn't doubt it.
    If you think about it, things that they eat, we eat.
    Some people do not realize how much hemp was part of life in the years before it was banned. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason Marijuana was made illegal was because the textile companies were worried they would lose business because of the many uses of hemp products. Today hemp polymers are now used in many products including some lightweight parts on vehicles. The continued growth and expansion of the industry will fuel the legalization as well as the federal government will want to collect some of the tax revenue the stated are getting to themselves right now. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

NorCalR1 said:
    The reason Marijuana was made illegal was because the textile companies were worried they would lose business because of the many uses of hemp products. Today hemp polymers are now used in many products including some lightweight parts on vehicles. The continued growth and expansion of the industry will fuel the legalization as well as the federal government will want to collect some of the tax revenue the stated are getting to themselves right now. 
    The timber industry was right in there with the textile industry. Hemp was used as an alternative for pulp in the paper industry. 
    They both lobbied to make marijuana illegal, knowing that the industrial hemp industry would be lumped into the ban.

Now that states are collecting large sums of taxes from legalized marijuana, do you think that other states will be far behind?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ban all the guns they will legalize marijuana for sure.
    Anybody else notice the trend?
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    BKDog said:
    If they ban all the guns they will legalize marijuana for sure.
    Anybody else notice the trend?
    Oregon is already using legalized marijuana against gun owners.
    If they find you have a medical marijuana card, they can deny you the right to purchase.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your DEM oracy at work.