Home General Discussion

Comments

• D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Good looking stash. FWIW, probably more boveda than you need if that's all you have
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great start right there, now fire one up! 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A unicorn sighting, nice. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Love it, a few of my favorites in there @raymb1
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice, little stash.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spy a $100 unicorn in there. B)
    (If it doesn't get me stoned, no way am I gonna pay that for one cigar, but more power to you!)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a saka stash to me
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a saka stash to me
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Bob_Luken said:
    D_Fresh said:
    Good looking stash. FWIW, probably more boveda than you need if that's all you have
    I'll agree, nice stash. And I'll disagree with "more boveda than you need". I can't think of any negative results from too many bovedas. If he stuffed half a dozen more bovedas in there, they would not over-humidify his cigars. 
    No negative results in terms of humidity. Just hits the wallet faster with more frequent Boveda purchases. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D_Fresh said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    D_Fresh said:
    I'll agree, nice stash. And I'll disagree with "more boveda than you need". I can't think of any negative results from too many bovedas. If he stuffed half a dozen more bovedas in there, they would not over-humidify his cigars. 
    No negative results in terms of humidity. Just hits the wallet faster with more frequent Boveda purchases. 
    Right. OK. I see your point now. It did not even cross my mind that your point, could be about the money. Silly me. 
    edited March 2019
    I'm not the only one who doesn't know which one is the unicorn, am I?

Is it the one to the left of the Sobremesa with the horsey on the band? (Or is that a lion?)

disappointed tell me GIF by Warner Archive
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Yes
    I want a second opinion. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Yes
    I want a second opinion. 
    Since I love giving my opinion, the Unicorn is the one to the right of the Montecristo White Series.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I admit to having to look it up.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I'm not the only one who doesn't know which one is the unicorn, am I?

Is it the one to the left of the Sobremesa with the horsey on the band? (Or is that a lion?)

disappointed tell me GIF by Warner Archive

You need to get on the vHerf more often, Bob.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • raymb1raymb1 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    D_Fresh said:
    It's so dry here in Northern VA.  The 72% Boveda is keeping my small humidor at 65%RH.  I have some 69% and 65% Boveda that I'll use during the summer.
    raymb1 said:
    D_Fresh said:
    It's so dry here in Northern VA.  The 72% Boveda is keeping my small humidor at 65%RH.  I have some 69% and 65% Boveda that I'll use during the summer.
    Fair enough, sorry for the poor assumption
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raymb1 said:
    It was a gift from Steve Saka.  He's a friend of my son.  He said he had to take of "Pops".  I met him the Old Virginia Tobacco Co. in Sterling, VA.
    That makes it even more valuable, then. I know I watched an interview with Steve saying he doesn't make any money on the Unicorn because he had to procure some super rare tobacco that goes into making it. And although I'm not too sure I can believe it, I am fairly confident that's possible. I first caught a review of the cigar a while back and thought it was silly until I listened to Steve Saka explain how he has tons of blends he just never produces because he doesn't want to inundate the market with his label and finds the smaller grouping he's got with DTT to be sufficient. People like Saka have a unique passion for cigars and every one of his I have tried has been rather exceptional, so I get it. It's about the journey and the experience, he's got the money already. Mr. Patel could learn from that line of thinking, in my opinion.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    He's the owner of Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust.  Very good cigars IMHO.  https://www.dunbartoncigars.com/marcas
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another question for you?  What is the meaning of the word satirical?   :*
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Here's another question for you?  What is the meaning of the word satirical?   :*
    Aaaah!