Home General Discussion

Just some photos of my new humidor, (Count upgrade)

7uiggi7uiggi Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone! I'm just want to share some photos of my new wood humidor and my first prior one.  ;)

New Humidor
Brand: Savoy
Model: Bubinga XL
Count: 150 
Seasoning method: 6 Boveda Packs 60 grams/each for 3 weeks (84% RH)

Prior humidor
Brand: Case Elegance
Model: Unknown
Count: 25
Seasoning method: Sponge, distilled water, gel beads, salt, ketchup and mustard 👀

On both: Boveda Hygrometer Calibration Kit (75% RH)

Only thing I need is a second job to refill this monster. 

I went very crazy with Boveda Packs but I don't regret at all. 

Hope you enjoy the photos!! 

Tagged:

Comments

• 7uiggi7uiggi Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    That's a beautiful humidor. Send me your address, I'll help you fill it and then you can get a Coleman cooler. :)
    You got it! Thanks for the sticks! 

I love Coleman coolers but what do you think about the Newair CC-300H? Looks perfect for a man cave and it hold 400 coronas although I guess Coleman 70 quart can hold 4000. 😂

edited April 2019
    Usaf06 said:
    72% is high. you would be better off using the 65% or 69% packs
    I was thinking on 69% RH, by the way I bought two 69% RH first and then I exchange those for 72% RH. Why? Fear about big humidor couldn't hold that RH almost empty but surprisingly it does!

If the humidor eventually can hold 72% RH, the 2nd round of Bovedas will be 69% RH for sure. 

Thanks for your observation. 😉
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7uiggi said:
    BKDog said:
    That's a beautiful humidor. Send me your address, I'll help you fill it and then you can get a Coleman cooler. :)
    You got it! Thanks for the sticks! 

I love Coleman coolers but what do you think about the Newair CC-300H? Looks perfect for a man cave and it hold 400 coronas although I guess Coleman 70 quart can hold 4000. 😂

Not if you have any boxes in a 70. Plus you have to dig for sticks 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that same one, but one size down.  It is a great humidor, just remember it's going to struggle a lot more being that empty.  A happy humidor is a full humidor.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I have that same one, but one size down.  It is a great humidor, just remember it's going to struggle a lot more being that empty.  A happy humidor is a full humidor.
    Good to know that is great. Compared with other top brands, this one is relatively inexpensive.

What humidification system are you using? @Patrickbrick

I would be happy with a full Humi too!! 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Bovedas for everything.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.