Home Non Cigar Related

People disgust me.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
We had someone pick up 5 of our rehabbed horses with the promise that they would be well cared for. 4 of them were abandoned on a dry pasture, they were starving, and they have been rescued again.
The 5th, LT Grey who is causing a stir on facebook, is coming back to us. They lady is on the road here trying to beat the storm.
Evidently Kentucky and Alabama are the worst states in the rescue network. The police in both states will do nothing.

Comments

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the local SPCA. Maybe they could help get them prosecuted. People like that should have the same things done to them as they do to animals. We had a rescue dog that we had to have put down 12/1/18 due to a stroke that had been brought into our local animal shelter. The owner had put a spiked collar on him as a puppy and never loosened it. As a result it grew into his neck causing oxygen deprivation and brain damage from lack of oxygen. They had to cut it off with bolt cutters. He had seizures but a good life with us for 10 years. I agree with you about people, I'd rather have animals in my life. Thanks for doing what you do.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sleddog46 said:
    What about the local SPCA. Maybe they could help get them prosecuted. People like that should have the same things done to them as they do to animals. We had a rescue dog that we had to have put down 12/1/18 due to a stroke that had been brought into our local animal shelter. The owner had put a spiked collar on him as a puppy and never loosened it. As a result it grew into his neck causing oxygen deprivation and brain damage from lack of oxygen. They had to cut it off with bolt cutters. He had seizures but a good life with us for 10 years. I agree with you about people, I'd rather have animals in my life. Thanks for doing what you do.
    Thanks for taking that poor creature in, I wish more people would.
    I would love to see a national registry that published names, addresses and photos. 

Some good news awhile back is they caught the cockroach that used masking tape on a dog's snout. His photo and name were published. I am really not sure what the SPCA  really accomplishes, all my purchases on Amazon are "smiled" and a bit of my payment goes to the SPCA.
    My wife is outside taking down some chicken cages we were going to fill for "Tony". We have sold to him before. We returned his money and that hurt. But not as much as finding out the scvm bag was using our chickens for bait to train fighting birds. We will get his information and turn him in to the police and the rescue network.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jd50ae, Call the S.P.C.A and talk to them. Here in Jersey they have the power to remove neglected animals and issue citations and they work with the local State Police. It couldn't hurt.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I hate people
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally, you're happy when you're drunk.  What happened this time?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Normally, you're happy when you're drunk.  What happened this time?
    Maybe that is the problem, haven't been drunk in years and not all people disgust me. For instance there are some really good people like yourself, @peter4jc