Home General Discussion

Graduation Right Around The Corner

Acasazza21Acasazza21 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
Hey Guys! 

With graduation right around the corner (BS in Marketing), I was just gifted a new humidor from a family member. I've smoked cigars as singles, but never consistently dabbled into higher end cigars. I was given a few nice cigars over the years and smoked them with friends and coworkers. I know I like Undercrowns and really enjoyed a T-52 but was wondering if you guys could make some recommendations on getting a few cigars to celebrate my college graduation with. 

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Congratulations on the graduation, and welcome to the forum.  If you want to celebrate marketing, look to Arturo Fuente Opus X cigars or Cohibas, they have a very high marketing profile that makes these choices prestigious, though probably not worth the high price.

Here's a list of our favorite cigars (Top 25 of 2018) that should get you started, many of these are boutique cigars, I wouldn't recommend all of them for beginners, but since you've enjoyed the T-52 I'd expect you to enjoy stronger sticks.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1081271/#Comment_1081271
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!   Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Acasazza21Acasazza21 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!   Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
    Will do! Appreciate it! 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything Padron 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @deadman, A Padron 1964 Anniversary will be my choice.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mi Querida 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padron or Davidoff. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be Debbie downer and Buzz Killington in one.  I recommend buying the celebration cigar of your choosing, but save it in the new humidor until you land the job you want.  Then you celebrate like a boss with the cigar that's been sitting hopefully not that long.  Congratulations on what will be the first day of the rest of your life, it only gets better my friend!!!!! 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be Debbie downer and Buzz Killington in one.  I recommend buying the celebration cigar of your choosing, but save it in the new humidor until you land the job you want.  Then you celebrate like a boss with the cigar that's been sitting hopefully not that long.  Congratulations on what will be the first day of the rest of your life, it only gets better my friend!!!!! 
    Lol. Solid advice. Buy two celebration cigars.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Buy a box to celebrate this day for the next 20-25 years.

Best advice and it is solid as hell but most never listen.

2 routes with this one depending on your marital status

If your Single - Fuente, My Father etc. etc. Find a box on sale. You can still eat Ramen Noodles to off set the cost.

If your Married - $800.00 box of Cohiba Siglo IV's. You can get the divorce proceedings going and finalized by the time you start making bank. Instead of buying flowers, a large home and saving for your kids college fund you are now free to buy all the seegars you want.

Here to help!
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....Ho's and HooKers ... hat slanted.
    Buy a box to celebrate this day for the next 20-25 years.

Best advice and it is solid as hell but most never listen.

2 routes with this one depending on your marital status

If your Single - Fuente, My Father etc. etc. Find a box on sale. You can still eat Ramen Noodles to off set the cost.

If your Married - $800.00 box of Cohiba Siglo IV's. You can get the divorce proceedings going and finalized by the time you start making bank. Instead of buying flowers, a large home and saving for your kids college fund you are now free to buy all the seegars you want.

Here to help!
    This made me chuckle quite a bit. Not married but who knows how long until that changes between the girlfriend and I. She's a keeper for sure. 

She's not big on flowers anyways so more money for cigars! 
    She's begun taking pictures of the sticks I oogle at online 😎
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she's ok with the cigars and even goes so far as to help you out with them, best put a ring on that finger.
    Most times I would tell a person to avoid marriage at all costs, but when you find keepers, well, keep em.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    If she's ok with the cigars and even goes so far as to help you out with them, best put a ring on that finger.
    Most times I would tell a person to avoid marriage at all costs, but when you find keepers, well, keep em.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes to that!! 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trap!!!

Run to the Hills

Run for your Lives
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?