Home General Discussion
Options

Ye Olde CI Daily Banter

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kckasper said:
    Good evening everyone!  QyH LE with a RRG&C. 
    Evening KC.  About to get wired up for yet another sleep study.  Sleep lab doesn’t allow smoking.  Sheesh!
    No smoking! Sounds like a bunch of quacks, get a second opinion 
  • Options
    Ozzy1963Ozzy1963 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Hey cb.....I heard a rumor....the whistle pigs are back in yo yard....they eat wifey plants....🖖 live long and prosper CB
  • Options
    Ozzy1963Ozzy1963 Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Ozzy1963 said:
    Hey cb.....I heard a rumor....the whistle pigs are back in yo yard....they eat wifey plants....🖖 live long and prosper CB
    Go Reds 
  • Options
    Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a hint as to my location. Norteno and Pisco Sour tonight.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    Damn Oy. Hoping to get there myself one day
  • Options
    kckasperkckasper Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening everyone!  Monte White Rothschild with a RRG&C. 
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    Great shot David!  When I was still working one of my mechanics brought me a bottle of Pisco when he returned from his vacation to his homeland.  Horrible stuff.  Absolutely horrible.  I still have it, needless to say.  Even STP wouldn't drink it. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's the coffee, Oy?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    How's the coffee, Oy?
    Evening Yak! What's burning? Cigars, I mean, not the landscape.
  • Options
    Had a nice La Barba Red last night.
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    Oyam123 said:
    Great shot David!  When I was still working one of my mechanics brought me a bottle of Pisco when he returned from his vacation to his homeland.  Horrible stuff.  Absolutely horrible.  I still have it, needless to say.  Even STP wouldn't drink it. 
    KC the Pisco Sour are not bad, Ike a margarita. 

• Options
    Yakster said:
    How's the coffee, Oy?
    Not bad, it’s strong but good for me as I’m a cafe con leche guy. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Could only smoke 1/3 of the cigar. Wife wanted to walk the shops after dinner and smoking And walking at 7,000 feet is exhausting. 🥵
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    Manchu Picchu!  That altitude would lay me low.
  • Options
    deadman said:
    kckasper said:
    Good evening everyone!  QyH LE with a RRG&C. 
    Evening KC.  About to get wired up for yet another sleep study.  Sleep lab doesn’t allow smoking.  Sheesh!
    No smoking! Sounds like a bunch of quacks, get a second opinion 
    This is about the eighth opinion and may finally have a solution if the damn medical gizmo company will let me have what is needed,  Not very high on the healthcare industry these days.  It’s all about profits and cya.  End of rant.
  • Options
    Ozzy1963 said:
    No flowers to eat, no ground hogs.  Think they moved to greener flower beds.
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    Oyam123 said:
    If STP wouldn’t drink it…
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    Yakster said:
    How's the coffee, Oy?
    Not bad, it’s strong but good for me as I’m a cafe con leche guy. 

Nice, I like a good coffee from Peru, it can be rich and buttery.

Velvet Rat tonight.

• Options
    Yak had a espresso today and it was delicious 😋 and so was the Lama steak 😜
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Not very high on the healthcare industry these days.  It’s all about profits and cya.  End of rant.
    This is absolutely correct.  The reason is that Health Care Professionals are no longer in charge.  Business majors are, and they run the facilities as if they were running widget factories.  And they pay themselves 10 - 100 times what the Health Care Professionals were making, to do the same job, badly. 

Also, since neither they nor their lawyers understand what's really happening, they try to compensate by creating so much cya paperwork that the people who are supposed to be taking care of the patients don't have time to take care of the patients, just the paper/ electronic trail.  

As for what's coming next, well, try to stay healthy.  It's your only hope.

Just my opinion.  $.02
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Not very high on the healthcare industry these days.  It’s all about profits and cya.  End of rant.
    This is absolutely correct.  The reason is that Health Care Professionals are no longer in charge.  Business majors are, and they run the facilities as if they were running widget factories.  And they pay themselves 10 - 100 times what the Health Care Professionals were making, to do the same job, badly. 

Also, since neither they nor their lawyers understand what's really happening, they try to compensate by creating so much cya paperwork that the people who are supposed to be taking care of the patients don't have time to take care of the patients, just the paper/ electronic trail.  

As for what's coming next, well, try to stay healthy.  It's your only hope.

Just my opinion.  $.02
    This is exactly what is taking place.  I worked in Big Pharma for 40 years and saw it happening first hand.  To paraphrase Admiral David Farragut, "Damn the patients, full speed ahead for profits!"
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Had a nice La Barba Red last night.
    Red Barba was good, but I much preferred Mel Allen.  Remember "The Three Rings of Ballantine"?  They were painted on the outfield walls of the old Yankee Stadium. 
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...HaPPy THirsTday...
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    ...HaPPy THirsTday...
    Squawk!  Squawk!! Arf!!! San Cris punched and ready.  Pour'N. 
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    TruDog said:
    ...HaPPy THirsTday...
    ...WooF...  Let's Burn.
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    kckasper said:
    TruDog said:
    ...HaPPy THirsTday...
    ...WooF...  Let's Burn.
    Burn'N. 
  • Options

• Options
    1st tropical system of the year hanging over S FL for the next couple days.  Not expected to develop, just some T & L, and on and off T storms. Early start to the rainy season.  But it's some much needed rain.   
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    1st tropical system of the year hanging over S FL for the next couple days.  Not expected to develop, just some T & L, and on and off T storms. Early start to the rainy season.  But it's some much needed rain.   
    ...Heavy rain/Wind here earlier today and continuing tomorrow as well.  So ...Pour'N...
  • Options
    TruDog said:
    kckasper said:
    ...Heavy rain/Wind here earlier today and continuing tomorrow as well.  So ...Pour'N...
    Like we really need an excuse to pouR.