Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO Cx2 & Cohiba Red Dot - What am I tasting?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
So I bought a sampler of the CAO Cx2 and Cohiba Red Dot, pretty much my first foray into medium cigars; although a tad strong (need something in my stomach to handle them), I like them both; a very nice short finish and a good taste, but what is it I'm tasting?

For the Cohiba, I want to say it's an earthy taste, if it was music, I'd say it was a low note (bass I guess) - I like it, it's quite relaxing. The CAO Cx2 is somewhat like it, but there's a sweetness to it that reminds me of fruit. So can anyone help me out? Thanks for any help

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    What you're tasting is Cameroon wrapper. Both of these have a Cammie wrapper and the CX2 is a double Cammie.

Cameroons typically have a short, sweet, clean finish. They also typically have light notes of toast and spice IMO.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Thanks! The first few puffs were somewhat harsh, but after that, the cigar just relaxed; I'll definitely be picking up a few more of these. Any ideas on what the Cohiba Red Dot has in it?
    Wrapper: Cameroon

Filler: Dominican (Piloto Cubano)

Binder: Jember (Indonesian)

Factory: General Cigar Dominicana
    Thank you!! So given that, what is it I'm tasting? I can't tell the difference between leather/earth/etc :-S
    Well everyone tastes different things. Kuzi sent me flavor wheels a long time ago that will help you. PM me you email and I'll send them to you.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Whats a flavor wheel?
    Shoot me you email and I'll send it to you as well.
    madurofan, you have a PM; thanks again
    You have an email. You too duder2.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    you have an email maduro fan.. I would like the wheel as well
    xmacro posted it in general discussion
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've never had the red dot, but the cx2 I've had plenty. Though I have got a lot of them that were plugged or very tight. One of the reasons why I don't buy them anymore. But they did have a nice flavor to them when I got a good one.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've never had the red dot, but the cx2 I've had plenty. Though I have got a lot of them that were plugged or very tight. One of the reasons why I don't buy them anymore. But they did have a nice flavor to them when I got a good one.
    But CAO draw test every one of their cigars! How could that happen! Wink [;)]