Home General Discussion

Was it them? or me?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
A couple months back there came up a deal on a bundle of Padilla 1968's, toro, and I bought it thinking "I haven't had those in awhile, and I used to like them."

I tried one ROTT, not too good.  The label had changed, but I figured maybe they just needed some rest time.

Well, they've had plenty of time to rest, and I'm still unimpressed.  Tried one today.  Wonky burn, so-so flavors, cap split when I cut it.  This is not what I remembered.   :/

So, as I pondered the situation, I began to wonder; did the blend change?  was this just a bad batch?  quality control issues?  Or, is it me?  Perhaps my tastes have simply changed, and what used to satisfy me is no longer palatable?

Anyone else noticed?  
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a box a couple of years ago and thought they were stinky to put it kindly. But I had never smoked them previously so I can't say if it was them or me. I'm guessing your palate has changed since you first tried them.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not the same blend as the original. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to be great 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat see how it works around here, you ask is it me or them, @Patrickbrick says it's you, and @Rhamlin says it's them. After 2 votes you are still where you were, lol.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a bit of both. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this go for all the old label Padilla vs the new band stuff?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The originals are awesome and were blended by Pepin at My Father factory if I’m not mistaken 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Padilla Miami, or what ever they call it now, is not as good as what it used to be.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    They used to be great 
    I’ll vouch for what Ricky says about these. I used to love the originals but the re-release sucks IMHO... 👴🏻
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys.  I thought maybe it was probably a little of both, but then I thought: "Surely my taste in cigars wasn't that different, maybe I got a bad batch or something?  I used to really like these."   I think the 1948 and the Miami were probably my favorites.  I used to buy the Habano regularly, but they upped the price.  Ah well, life goes on.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this go for all the old label Padilla vs the new band stuff?
    It would seem so.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a Padilla?
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padilla Miami is not far from my house.when I first started cigars I found them enjoyable. The last two purchases, not so much. I havent been back.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5