Home General Discussion

CAO Mx2

Hello everyone, first post. I've been smoking cigars for a long time and pretty much have liked everything from ashtons to cheap 1 dollar churchills.

Recently I've discovered the CAO Mx2 and it is by a long shot my favorite cigar of all time. Not over powering, very smooth and delicious flavor, beautiful smell. I can tell my palette is becoming more refined.

While about 6 bucks a stick isn't too terrible for me, I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with this cigar had any recommendations of others similar cigars cheaper?

Let me know, thanks everyone!
Tagged:

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    find out what the wrapper and blend is and start from there. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The MX2 is a dual wrapper.
    Connecticut Maduro and Brazilian Maduro double wrapper.
    You aren't likely to find a similar cigar in flavor, because of the way it is constructed.
    All you can do, is to start trying different Connecticut or Brazilian maduros and see if they come close.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $91 for a box of 20 robustos... just sayin'.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might not be able to purchase cigars online for whatever reason.  He said he's paying six bucks per...I know at my b&m they are 6.99 per.

If you're looking for a cheaper good cigar, there's only about 25 to 30 thousand of them.  Plenty of good 4 and 5 dollar sticks....there are some Henry Clays, punch, and toranio that come to mind, and if you're going to a b&m, try the house sticks...
    Don't look ↑
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    We get this question regularly and it is not an easy question to answer. "I like X. Is there anything else that tastes like X?" Well, no. They all taste a little different. My advice,  learn about online cigar auctions. You can stock up on your favorite at the best price possible and and experiment with some new selections too. Try Cigarbid.com for starters.  
  • kfafniskfafnis Posts: 3
    I wasn't really looking for anyone to give me an exact match. Like I say, 6 bucks isn't too terrible for me, but I was curious if anyone had any other recommendations
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAO La Traviata
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited May 2019
    I've never had a cigar stand out from the crowd enough for me to say, "all time favorite by a long shot". I'm a little jealous. 

Can you give us some details on your $6 cigar? What size MX2 are you paying six bucks for? And are you buying singles at a B&M or five packs/boxes from Cigar.com? 

Two suggestions based on flavor of MX2
    CAO La Traviata Maduro
    CAO Brazillia

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • kfafniskfafnis Posts: 3
    I have been buying the belicoso 6x52, because from what i have seen in the catalogs, they are the same price as the 5x52 robusto (114.50 box). I never let the extra inch go to waste. After doing and handling its about 6 a stick.

I do like the Brazillia, it's in my top 3. I'm gonna pickup a traviata, haven't had that one yet. Thanks bob_luken, yakster

edited May 2019
    You should seriously consider the auction sites.

Or call up cigar.com and talk to a sales rep and see if they can cut you a deal on a multiple box purchase, and get them shipped free.  

And I'm thinkin' maybe it's the brazillian leaf that's turning you on to the MX2. You should explore all the Brazilian wrapped cigars. Try Crowned Heads JD Howard Reserve, And you probably already like the Nub Maduro, it's got a Brazilian wrapper. 

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Macanudo Inspirado Black.  Not too close, but a good maduro.  Also, Punch Gran Puro Nicaragua. 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.