Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padron 7000 Maduro

TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

Padron 7000 Maduro
------------------
I'm not getting anything off the body aroma wise. The foot smells fabulous, sweet spices, sweet cedar, forest-like aroma. The sweet spices engulf your nasal passage.

This cigar has a gorgeous chocolate wrapper, fairly toothy a few large veins. Looks like a small single cap so watch your cut; a punch or V cut would probably be best if you're not great on a straight cut. Solid build, tightly packed with minimal give.

Very loose draw so take your time. On the dry draw, I'm getting bread, a nice toasty note, sweet fragrance with spice. The spices really sit on your palate and the top of your mouth.

1st 3rd:
---------
Strength is full. Full strength on retro hale; very strong, a tear jerker. I'm getting that bread and almonds; a little sour on the palate. The immediate sourness fades quickly but hangs ever so slightly to the next draw. It's not bad at all, just there. On retro-hale, I'm getting that toasty bread, like a sweet bread. Also, cappuccino. Fabulous flavors coming through on the retro-hale, very complex, long finish, big flavors on retro-hale.

Smoke output is heavy on the draw and equally impressive off the foot. The smoke is smooth and creamy, very rich. The aroma is a match of the great qualities so far giving off that same toasty bread, with fragrances swirling; this is one of the best smelling cigars I've had.

This cigar has a very loose draw, and doesn't need any special attention; burns nice and even, and the ash is solid. Wrapping up the 1st 3rd, I'm definitely feeling the buzz already.
-------------------------------------
2nd 3rd:
--------
Strength is still full, the buzz is there. Flavors haven't changed, though I'm not mad at that. The toasty bread is still there, almonds. This cigar has a pleasant mellow sweetness like dark chocolate. Retro hale is still strong; it hasn't let up. Flavors are still the same as described.

Smoke output is still heavy; this is a smokehouse! reminds me of Drew Estate cigars. The smell of the smoke has the same great aromatic flavors.

Same loose draw, burning nicely, needed minor touch up, but not much change. Ash held up two and a half inches before falling on its own.
-------------------------------------
Last 3rd:
---------
Going into the last 3rd the strength hasn't subsided, still full body. Flavors have changed a bit, bringing in notes of leaves, and earth notes. The complexity of flavors are mellowing out, the floral flavor is in and out, but overall a complex cigar indeed. The flavors on the retro-hale have also mellowed out, and the cigar has gotten a bit darker; more earthy.

Smoke output is the same, still heavy; creamy rich endless smoke. Very satisfying if you're like me and enjoy a smokey cigar.

The draw has tightened up a bit, more firm, but nothing that makes a bad impression or warrants a negative point. The burn was ok, required a couple of touch-ups when I hit a couple of the larger veins.

Overall:
---------
This is a great cigar in my opinion. From everything from the smell, the draw to the aromas was appealing. The subtle sweetness mixed with the spice, and the fragrances I tend to just define as floral like were amazing. There is that bit of sourness that is way in the back end of the flavors that hang around a bit, but you tend to forget about it as you enjoy so much of the other bold flavors.

The burn was pretty decent, though requiring a couple of touch-ups, that was purely due to a couple of veins in the leaf. The smoke output is enormous, again, if you're familiar with Drew Estate, that's the best example I can give, and the creamy rich texture only adds to the overall experience... let us not forget the fantastic aromas.

I got a very minor bit of heat as I nubbed this thing, but it held up. No construction issues, the band came off easily. This thing packs a punch with strength being full body the entire smoke and possibly will have the room spinning effect for the lighter smoker.

Walking into a humidor this cigar (other than the name of course) doesn't present itself as anything flashy; no eye-catching big shiny band full of colors screaming "See me!", but this is surely an example of you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Go buy one now...treat yourself, and thank me later!

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheBrooklynWay
    Great review.
    Just read your Tabernacle review and then saw this one. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    @TheBrooklynWay
    Great review.
    Just read your Tabernacle review and then saw this one. LOL!
    Thank you brother!
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Padron Series is very underrated IMO. Many go to the Family Reserves or the 1926 series which are great. But you can get the Padron Series on the cheap as since they are on sale frequently. Should be a cigar in everyone's rotation.

I personally think the 4000,3000 and Palmas are very good.
    Was just reading someplace with four or five years on them they can stand up against 1926s