Home Non Cigar Related

Happy Memorial day

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happy Memorial day to all past and present members of the armed forces. Thank You for your service!!!
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Happy Memorial day to all past and present members of the armed forces. Thank You for your service!!!
    Ditto
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Past and present are all in our prayers.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Remember that Memorial day is not solely to remember those fallen in service for our country, but those fallen in service to the people of this country. 
    First Responders. Fire. Police, etc.

And for remembering those peope in our lives who've made a difference in our lives.
    Absolutely 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these Marines were killed in action. Godwin, Jolly, Steadman, and Smitty.Two a few days after I took this photo and two eight months later. I rolled them up in their ponchos . So we are the sum of our parts. Memorial Day for me is a day to honor and remember. 
    Semper Fi.
    So much respect for you brother, no kid should be put in that position.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be on the porch again having a drink with those who can't be here. It won't be a celebration, it will be remembering.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping this to say Thank You to all who gave all in service to our country.
    To those who served with those brave souls, may your memories of the friends you lost, and the hardships you endured together in service, be ever less painful with each passing Memorial Day.

God Bless them, and you.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

All gave some, some gave All. Lets never forget them

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know many of you don't do Facebook, but during the year, at every holiday like Mother's or Father's Day, Christmas and Easter, every Tom **** & Harry feels the need to remember something about someone or post what the "true meaning" of Christmas and Easter is. I may be a curmudgeon (well, maybe not may be) but it's nauseating. The same thing happens at Memorial Day, but strangely enough, I don't mind because it helps to realign my thinking about where I live and what it took to keep us free.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home of the free because of the brave.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it weren't for men willing to kill and also die, there would be no America. Thanks to all our veterans for the freedoms we enjoy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.