Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Ecuador

TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
Camacho Ecuador Gordo
----------------------
Smelling the body is nutty with soft tobacco. Off the foot, I'm getting milk chocolate and I'm smelling peach. I'm also smelling soft tobacco. This is a tough looking wrapper, though oily in appearance. Visible veins, solid looking cigar with a triple cap.

Medium draw, minimal resistance on the draw before the toast. On the dry draw, I'm getting light tobacco. It's a little sweet, some coffee. I'm not getting any pepper or spice.

1st 3rd:
--------
Strength is full, you sense this pretty quickly, if not from a few draws, you'll definitely get it through retro-hale. On the draw, I'm getting notes of peanuts and coffee. Those flavors have a long finish. On retro-hale, I'm getting a hint of sweetness, milk chocolate, coffee, and wood. Again, the retro-hale is strong.

Smoke output is heavy off the draw. Smooth, thick, silky smoke fills your mouth with every draw. However, is light off the foot. The aroma off the smoke is ok; I'm smelling grass & moss. It's a light aroma, none the less pleasant.

The draw is on the medium side and needed a double puff to get a nice return in smoke. Toward the end of the 1st 3rd, it came to life a bit more. The burn started a little wonky but corrected itself towards the end of the 1st 3rd. The ash was pretty solid with very little flakes. Ash held up about 2 inches before falling.
-------------------------------------
2nd 3rd:
--------
The strength has mellowed a bit to a medium-full. The retro-hale still has that punch though. The flavors haven't changed, the peanuts, milk chocolate sweetness and coffee is still there on the draw & retro-hale. The wood is in and out. The buzz is a bit more prominent now.

The smoke output is still heavy on the draw and has picked up now off the foot a bit. Overall, same thick smoke, but the silky texture has gone and now the smoke is a bit dry on the palate now.

The smell of the smoke is woody, like lumber mixed with grass.

The draw is still a medium and required a double puff to keep this thing flowing, not a bad thing as I have had cigars that needed far more attention. The burn began to be uneven and required a touch-up.
-------------------------------------
Last 3rd:
---------
Going into the last 3rd the strength is still a medium to full.

Same flavors, ok flavors, not complex the way they present themselves in transition. The finish has become shorter on both draw and retro-hale. The retro-hale strength has now mellowed and is in line with the strength you get from the draw.

Smoke output hasn't changed since the 2nd 3rd, and the aroma has changed a bit with a manure smell coming through the wood & grass.

The draw hasn't changed, still medium. The burn has been uneven and needed a couple of touch-ups. The body is beginning to get soft; a little squishy. Towards the end of the 3rd, it began to get hot, and the flavors weren't tasting as good as it has during the 1st and 2nd 3rd...so I'm going to set it down now and call it a wrap.

Overall:
---------
Ok, simple wideband, right to the point...it's Camacho. It's not a complex cigar. The flavors were there, but pretty basic; the strength is there, but not overwhelming...that could be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. The strength started strong, full on strength, but by the 2nd 3rd it mellowed out, and by the 3rd it was a medium-full; tip of full at best.

The retro-hale will present more strength for a longer period of the smoke, but again, by the 3rd that mellows as well. The flavors (as in most cases) are far more present in the retro hale.

The smoke output is pretty decent though requiring double puffs most of the time, and the aroma of the smoke is ok at best. The draw remains on the medium side throughout the duration of the smoke which isn't bad, but with the double puffs, it does need a little attention.

The burn was uneven in the beginning, corrected itself by the end of the 1st 3rd, but burned wonky for the rest of the smoke which required a couple of touch-ups. The last 3rd started off fine but began getting hot in the end enough so where I ended my session.

Overall, I'll say this; I absolutely love Camacho. Everything from their Connecticut to the Aged barrel, but I guess no one is expected to love a whole line of something created by a manufacturer, and this is one I didn't love. It wasn't bad, and I don't have anything particularly negative to say about it, but I've had better Camacho. Tell me what you think...until next time, Stay smoky The Brooklyn Way!

~The Brooklyn Way~

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling we're not going to see many lancero reviews from you, LOL.  I guess if my hands were that big, I would smoke big cigars too LOL!
    Don't look ↑
    But nice informative review overall. I've never had this version of Camacho. I've only had the Connecticut to Criollo and the Maduro...
    Don't look ↑
  • TheBrooklynWayTheBrooklynWay Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling we're not going to see many lancero reviews from you, LOL.  I guess if my hands were that big, I would smoke big cigars too LOL!
    I don't believe I have done a lancero, but I will add a couple now that you mentioned it. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look at or a suggestion? :)
    But nice informative review overall. I've never had this version of Camacho. I've only had the Connecticut to Criollo and the Maduro...
    Thank you. I love the Connecticut and the American Barrel Aged.
    I don't believe I have done a lancero, but I will add a couple now that you mentioned it. Is there anything in particular you would like me to look at or a suggestion? :)
    Anything that I haven't smoked but might be interested in 😊.  Of course, I don't know what that might be...lol.  Whatever suits you is cool!
    Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente Spanish Lonsdale Maduro.  Just because it's my go-to affordable.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Anything that I haven't smoked but might be interested in 😊.  Of course, I don't know what that might be...lol.  Whatever suits you is cool!
    Let me know, and I'll get it and share my opinion on it  :)
    Hey Amos, I'm trying to get my hands on the Fuente Spanish Lonsdale Maduro; I will let you know when I do. If you would like to do a trade we can even do that and you can send me one or two to check out. Let me know.
    Hey Amos, I'm trying to get my hands on the Fuente Spanish Lonsdale Maduro; I will let you know when I do. If you would like to do a trade we can even do that and you can send me one or two to check out. Let me know.
    PM to you
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Well, sent a couple of those along with an Umbagog off on the 6th, got my package back today marked "Return to Sender". 

Don't know what's up with that.  

?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sent a couple of those along with an Umbagog off on the 6th, got my package back today marked "Return to Sender". 

Don't know what's up with that.  

?
    PM headed your way Steve. 
    I'll buy a couple this week. :)
    I will get a couple this week, or at least put in an order if my local B&M doesn't have them.
    I'm trying to get my hands on a couple, if you would be interested in a trade we can make arrangements so we can do that. If not, I'll let you know when I get my hands on these.