Home General Discussion

Local Cigar History

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
These are probably gross, but they caught my eye while scrolling down the ccom list of brands:

https://www.cigar.com/p/red-lion-cheroots-cigars/1491244/

The description talks about Red Lion once being one of the wealthiest communities in America.  Now it's considered the Red-neckiest place in a county filled with 'em.  They're also my kids' school's biggest rival being right next door.

I'm kicking myself.  About 3-4 years ago I stopped at a garage sale, which I hardly ever do, and there were a few Red Lion cigar items for sale.  They had several stacks or books of unused bands from the Red Lion company--probably a thousand bands total--and a few other items of memorabilia.  I was new to the area and didn't appreciate it enough. Plus I didn't have enough cash on me and didn't go back.

Now, I wish I'd bought the stuff.  You still see tobacco around here sometimes. 

Down in Carroll County, MD, they have a farm museum.  There's an old barn they moved to the property which was built by one of my ancestors (small world that I came back to the area).  At one point it was probably a tobacco drying barn, but later the gaps in the siding were covered as the area switched to other crops and the airflow became a problem. 

Little things.  Anyway, the link caught my eye and got me to thinking, so I thought I'd share.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, thanks for sharing

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.