Home General Discussion

Fat Bottom Betty

I really enjoyed this smoke. However, it was a little too sweet at the beginning. Does anyone have a similar cigar I could try that might not be a sweet.  Thanks!

Comments

• Skeeter08Skeeter08 Posts: 4
    This is not an infused cigar according to my research 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Skeeter08. We are just trying to make each other laugh. (Not at you.) You may never get the answer you seek. Roll with it, or get b*u*t*t*hurt, your call. 
    I doesn’t bother me. I am just trying to find a similar cigar without so much sweetness. A little is ok.  Anyhow, thanks!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does have a sweetened tip.  Hard to say what unsweetened cigar would be similar, not having tried this one.  What did you like about it? What flavors did you pick up?

You could try a cigar with a Cameroon wrapper that adds a natural sweetness to the smoke.  A Mexican San Andres wrapper usually adds chocolate / cocoa notes.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Picked up nutty chocolate and a tiny amount of spice.  
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My post was serious, they make sweet tipped cigars.  Hence "just the tip".
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Skeeter08 said:
    Picked up nutty chocolate and a tiny amount of spice.  

I would suggest you try some of these;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cigar_brands
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nice of you Peter to narrow it down. Good luck Skeeter.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Go grab a CAO Mx2 and see what you think of it. Them sound like Maduro flavors.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I thought the tread was about chicks on bikes

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Lol. Go grab a CAO Mx2 and see what you think of it. Them sound like Maduro flavors.

Agreed with the Baron above and Warden @peter4jc, but it does sound like maduro flavors.  The Mexican San Andres wrapper is one of my favorites and is almost always used as a maduro wrapper because it's thick and spicy enough to hold up to this.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might try the Fuente Hemingway short story or the Work of Art, Cameroon wrapper 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might try the Fuente Hemingway short story or the Work of Art, Cameroon wrapper 
    I have absolutely no idea what a Fat Bottom Betty is, but this is a good suggestion, regardless.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree...I have enjoyed every one of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway selections that I have had.  Have not gotten to try the Work of Art yet though...