Home Non Cigar Related

AARP

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone is a member? Is it worth it to join. Not that I am old enough just asking for a friend. 

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do get some discounts if you flash your card at motels and such.
    My problem with them, like everything, is they are way to political. They seem to have slowed down a bit with politics and getting back to what they use to be.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I joined to get a discount on a home alarm system about 15 years ago. 15 percent, which was well worth it at the time! I like their magazine too, as I’m nearing full social security age, and it has a lot of info about that.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up my membership a few years ago after the AARP sold us seniors out when they got into backing O’Bummercare. 

‘Nuff said......  👎
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a member because they had the best rate for my supplemental insurance.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    We prefer AMAC (www.amac.us).
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    I have that same supplemental insurance, but I am not a member. You don't need the membership to enroll... at least not in DullAware.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Sleddog46 said:
    I have that same supplemental insurance, but I am not a member. You don't need the membership to enroll... at least not in DullAware.

You need to enroll in Jersey. Is that any surprise!!!!
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Had AARP for a few years. Dabbled in using it here and there, sometimes a better deal at hotels w/o it. Best savings was a rental car this year in FL: $1400 regular price, $1000 with it!