Home General Discussion

Can't See who WTF'd or Disagreed

CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
Someone click WTF or Disagree on this post, and then hover over it (on a computer). Is it not showing who else disagreed, the way that it does when something gets flagged?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Looks like someone's been changing the Advanced Reaction Settings in Vanilla Cloud Forum.

I guess this gives the reactor anonymity but may risk flame wars spilling out into the body of the messages rather than just living in the reaction flags.

Post edited by Yakster on
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF.

There.  Now you know it was me.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am mobile 95% of the time so I can’t tell who WTF or likes my stuff anyway. I sure won’t be taking the time to mask my expressions lol. It’s just a fun place to hang out and learn a thing or two. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Weenie count is up to two already.   

But don't worry, everyone's a winner if they just participate.

As for me, if I disagree with you, you'll know it, and you'll know why. 

(Because you're wrong!  That's why. LOL)

I guess it's a matter of personal honor.  I grew up when it was a "thing".  Men felt shame when they didn't have it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well, actually they have sort-of switched it back to the way it used to be in the beginning, 2016? when the format switched to "vanilla forums".  I think some if not all "reactions" were anonymous and everybody just went with it.  Not much thought was given to it. Then about two years ago they switched off the anonymity. I made a post about it and I thought it was kinda sh-it-ty for them to reveal identities retroactively when anonymity was the default mode when the reactions were given. 

But now, after using the current set-up for two years or so, it is our language. We "speak" it well. I think everybody likes it.  DON'T CHANGE IT BACK.  Can anybody give be one good reason this needed to happen?  And please help me tag any admins (or anybody) you can think of.  

this sucks american housewife GIF by ABC Network

@krebsie
    @Andrew_Dzikoski
    @timb   

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
    edited June 2019
    Coincidentally, my first post in this thread did not bring it to the top of my list for recent activity. Hmmmm. Maybe this one will. 

Edit: Nope. Not on my screen anyway.   
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There, just do it this way ^
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    skydiverD said:
    There, just do it this way ^
    No Dayrun. Too many keystrokes and mouse clicks when they could have just left it like it was. -----> One click and they know who clicked it. 
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I  WTF and have disagreed to stuff but it's usually not a  negative. I have a mouth like a sailor so sometimes that's the best response... now,  if we could have a "Get The Fvck Outta Here" button I'd use it ALL the time.  LOL