Home General Discussion

Just picked up something new...

Dropped a little money on a new lighter, it is the XIKAR Allume two flame. Bought it in a B&M and probably over paid but I just wanted to get a feel for it before I shelled out the cash. Does anybody else have this lighter and just curious did you receive a free leather sheath with it after you registered for the warranty?

Comments

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that lighter in a different color, it's great. I have tried twice to get the free leather sheath and still haven't gotten anything or heard from them. 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that lighter in a different color, it's great. I have tried twice to get the free leather sheath and still haven't gotten anything or heard from them. 
    Same and same.  Good lighter, not great in the wind, but I enjoy the flat flame for touch ups.
    Don't look ↑
  • Matt_montefanMatt_montefan Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Same and same.  Good lighter, not great in the wind, but I enjoy the flat flame for touch ups.
    Well that’s a shame about the sheath, you would think that they would just end the offer if the aren’t going to follow through on it. Besides that I have found it to be a good lighter and I can brush that flat flame better, it saves a lot of time lighting up compared to my single flame torch. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have one, got the "leather" sheath, used it for a while but don't know where it is now. One feature not mentioned above is the chromed top. I love it--allows me to see how evenly I've lit the end.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I eventually got the free "leather" sheath, but it didn't fit anything I purchased.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikar sheaths don't last long. Custom veg tanned leather sheaths should be good for about 40 years.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer