Home General Discussion

The Forum Is As Awesome As You Are

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
We have a fantastic group of guys on this forum. Sometimes newbies take a long time to learn the special nuance of this group. If you join, never post never comment, and never engage, you will never know how awesome this group is. The following are suggestions to getting the most out of the forum.  Hope my BOTLs will add theirs as well:
1. Introduce yourself on the NEWBIE Welcoming Thread.
2. Join the VHerf
3.  Participate in a newbie trade.
4. Comment on posts.
5. Join the games and contests.
6. Join the VHerf
7. Send a Bomb to @0patience .
8. Create your own insightful posts
9. Join the V Herf.
10. Research before you ask questions. By all all means ask questions if you cannot find answers. Just like this post, there are simular posts out there.
Sometimes we respond the way we take the spirit of a question dont be "thinned skinned" and you won't be offended. 
11. Don't take yourself too serious.
12. Have fun - by the way, the Vherf is fun.
13. Don't forget to not take any of us to seriously.
IMHO

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

no matter where you go, there you are.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some really cool people here, no doubt about it. I just wanted to add that there's absolutely no requirement to join any "VHerf" (I was surprised to find it is a Google Hangouts room) and you will just never truly be as "cool" as the rest of the kids if you decide not to join, but don't take that personally because internet forum popularity is about as necessary as polio.
    Perhaps one day, the CC Family could adopt a Discord channel and use this once in a while, to perhaps encourage new people to join. For what it's worth, that's my two cents. You know, coming from a guy who has never joined the VHerf Google Hangout and yet still manages to survive with the pack. The trick is watching out for the oddball alpha male who seems to want to rip your throat out suddenly, but in reality it only turns out being a smack on the bottom and a bag of treats. Go figure, that.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #14. Ignore #7.

@BKDog Do you have a Discord channel and does it cost anything?
    I know my son uses it for gaming and it doesn't need a camera. 
    It's more of a voice chat?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #15: Ignore #14
    Don't look ↑
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    There are some really cool people here, no doubt about it. I just wanted to add that there's absolutely no requirement to join any "VHerf" (I was surprised to find it is a Google Hangouts room) and you will just never truly be as "cool" as the rest of the kids if you decide not to join, but don't take that personally because internet forum popularity is about as necessary as polio.
    Perhaps one day, the CC Family could adopt a Discord channel and use this once in a while, to perhaps encourage new people to join. For what it's worth, that's my two cents. You know, coming from a guy who has never joined the VHerf Google Hangout and yet still manages to survive with the pack. The trick is watching out for the oddball alpha male who seems to want to rip your throat out suddenly, but in reality it only turns out being a smack on the bottom and a bag of treats. Go figure, that.

There is no requirement, but it is fun to meet people from all over that brought together by this piece of leaf we all love that is Tobacco. Besides I am not cool. @BKDog You are cool dude yourself. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    #14. Ignore #7.

Yes, it's more of a voice chat, for those who don't find a need for video conferences. You can get large groups together, no lag and no problems. Discord is free, you can start your own channel, invite only those with the key, it's secure enough not to have to worry about your data being sold to nefarious companies and the NSA, that sort of thing. And you can use it with the phone app, too.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, created a Discord Channel. 
    Ccom Cigar

https://discord.gg/VMytFN
    I guess the link changes?
    We'll get it figured out.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    #14. Ignore #7.

Hahaha..nooo let the party line stay in the 80's 😂
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get better reception if you do.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a Hershey Kiss

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Vherf. It’s like going to the cigar lounge but you don’t have worry about getting home if you have too many cocktails.