Home General Discussion

What happened to the Ghurka Centurian Double Perfectos?

rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
Hey folks, been awhile since I have been here, as we know life sometimes gets in the way via things you never anticipate (like being in not one but two motorcycle accidents!), but that's for another post! 
What happened to the Gurkha Centurian Double Perfectos? I went to the Gurkha site today and they don't even list them, I noticed a post from Cigar.com with the wrong label for sale, but mostly wondering if they are manufacturing them and if not what happened, would the ones I still have be rare or put into some other category?! Been too long!

Answers

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they gone forever and the rest can go with them. 🤷‍♂️ 
    And welcome back!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now there's a blast from the past!  Welcome back. 

Most of us here got tired of exploding, unraveling, swelling, lopsided burns and ever present tunnels and gave up on Gurkha altogether.  There are a few of their sticks that are decent, or seem to be, but I haven't bought any in several years now.  Why bother when there's a 3 out of 5 fail rate?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Please don't take the Gurkha hate personally. Welcome back. We (most of us) have developed a distrust of the Gurkha's because of construction flaws. "Can't trust a Gurkha", is the general consensus. Some still smoke some. But, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! 

https://youtu.be/Mmm3KTa601s
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!  I got a 5er of those for $3 a piece on the auction site back in 2016 I think.  Ended up throwing them away after getting halfway through 1....  Now they want $75 for a 5 pack?  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to want $36 for a single.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has a ridiculous price tag it MUST be good! 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.