Home Non Cigar Related

Congrats to team USA

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
Congrats to the women of team USA winning the World Cup. I do like amazons. 

Comments

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    That was fun to watch. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is really sad they think they are worth as much money as the men's team. I guess it is like everything else, it is the purple hair.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

A contract player on the women’s team makes a base salary and can earn performance-based bonuses. (Players without a contract have a different pay schedule.)

On the men’s team, players earn only bonuses.

The teams play different numbers of games each year and earn different bonuses depending on the game type, their opponents’ FIFA rank and the game’s outcome. On top of that, both teams can earn additional bonuses for winning specific tournaments. And certain events, such as the World Cup, have a separate bonus structure entirely.

“The male players are paid when they play, but not when they sit,” McCann said. “USMNT players must thus be on the roster to be pay eligible. USWNT players, in contrast, are guaranteed pay.”

modern family idk GIF

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Well, that made it as clear as mud..... :D

First, in order to have equal pay, they revenue generation must be similar.  Money talks.  All mens sports have the same issues, big market teams generate more money and therefore can afford the higher salaries.  Salary caps help some, but still some small market teams cannot generate enough income to match the cap, then cannot sign enough top talent, and therefore perpetually lose, and thus cannot draw enough fan income.  It's a bit of a vicious cycle.  

So, if the Womens team wants to be paid on par with the mens, its all about how much money they generate.  If they are on par, then of course they should be paid accordingly.  If they generate more money than the mens team, they should make more money than the men.  If they generate less, then they should be paid less.  Simple math.  

Contract structure is a whole other animal...….
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    The only reason they pulled in as many viewers (money) as they did is because the one with purple hair had to make it political because "she" is full of herself. Tell you what, have a game between the men and the women.
    I quit watching the NFL because of the loss of escapism it enjoyed. Keep bringing politics into everything, it has nothing to do with the game, but it gets a lot of headlines.
    jd50ae said:

I quit watching the NFL because of the loss of escapism it enjoyed. Keep bringing politics into everything, it has nothing to do with...
    What an interesting thing for you to post in a cigar forum.  B)
    Stubble said:
    jd50ae said:

I quit watching the NFL because of the loss of escapism it enjoyed. Keep bringing politics into everything, it has nothing to do with...
    What an interesting thing for you to post in a cigar forum.  B)

I believe this whole entire thread has nothing to do with cigars. Or did you miss that in your haste?
    Whatever.......
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mens game generates considerably more money,  hence the payscale differential. Same job, same value of course the women should be paid the same. If a woman could perform a job at my high !evel of course they would be paid my low wage.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a bit of an article that said the men's World Cup generates $x billion dollars and the women's was significantly less of course. But of the amount the USA teams were paid, the women's share was a higher percentage of their total earnings than the men's.  Don't remember where the article was but it could have accurate. Or it could have been inaccurate.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the women make it political first!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    This is where the case stands.  The women generate more revenue is the contention being made:

I'm sure the calculations can be fiddled in some ways to come to a different conclusion.  If the revenue discrepancy is true, then the different pay structures make it hard to compare, but if, on average, the women earn less than the men, they might have a case.

At any rate, I add my congrats.  I know I enjoy watching the US Women's team more than the men's team.  And not just because I'm now in love with Rose Lavelle (Sorry, Press, you've been replaced in my heart) and in awe of the quickness of Crystal Dunn. Tobin Heath has some kind of magnetic field in her feet.  And Morgan is a foul magnet.  That girl takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. 

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Have to give them kudos for showing no favorites, not just the US, they also insulted other countries, other then their own.
    I still want to see them play the men's team.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, soccer, thanks for laugh today I needed that.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great workout sonny boy. Watch this and see for yourself.
    https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is running.  Soccer is this, but with way more actors falling down.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great workout sonny boy. Watch this and see for yourself.
    https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0 
    I knew what that was before clicking on it. I love that clip.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now trying to dry up the coffee I blew out through my nose.  That clip is too funny!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I laugh so hard every time I watch that my wife just shakes her head at me and tells me I am such an idiot. 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.