Home General Discussion

AJ blending Caldwell’s cigars now

deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just saw these yesterday. Long Live the King and The King is Dead by AJ Fernandez.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man!
    That looks like a winner.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They certainly didn't space the "AJ Fernandez" band very well.
    And I do like AJ, respect...but really? I know "The 'T'" was a blend by Caldwell, Matt Booth, and AJ.
    Hrm...a limited run kind of thing, maybe?
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not taking anything away from AJ, he has made some great cigars, I just think we have reached market saturation. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Not taking anything away from AJ, he has made some great cigars, I just think we have reached market saturation. 
    Agree.  Since the AJ name is hot (and has been for a while) other brands probably see the benefit of having his name on a "private" blend.  And then AJ gets to use up and sell more of his tobacco.  But for me, it's had the opposite effect and I'm inclined to skip these Caldwell's and stick with the original blends.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I saw an interview with Matt Booth an he insists that it is not "the t" but rather it's called "thet" as in rhymes with bet, but I can't ever tell when he is clowning around or what....
    Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    deadman said:

Recent Developing Palates reviews (which I listen to in audio podcast form on my commute) have touched on this, but always noting the excellent construction of cigars from AJ's factory.

Here's one example, starting about 13 minutes in.

https://youtu.be/NUp2EI7cFrI
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I could see all the stuff from general cigar, AJ reviving basic cigars that needed help. But Caldwell surprised me because they are already good. As far as the T it was a joint blend something that happens in the industry. 
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the review of the LLTK blend now on Lee Mack's YT channel. Right from the start he mentions a couple errors with construction...And it is a very limited run.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ironic since Robert Caldwell hates Nicaraguan tobacco. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone try them out?