Home Cigar 101

Newbie Here - Storage

Karr5404Karr5404 Posts: 2
My husband received an Ashton Box Sampler of 10 cigars recently....we do not have a humidor....can someone tell us the best way to keep these cigars....in the original sealed box for now but once opened where???? Thank you! 

Answers

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupperware or ziplock bag with a Boveda pack is a good start. If the collection grows, a cooler or a airtight crate is a good way to go.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    What yakster said. I have been storing my cigars in air tight container for over 3 years. Most cigar shops Carry to Boveda packs 65% is best 69% is ok anything more might keep them to moist.  Welcome. Introduce yourself on the NEWBIE Welcoming Thread
     Good group of folks here. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karr5404 said:
    My husband received an Ashton Box Sampler of 10 cigars recently....we do not have a humidor....can someone tell us the best way to keep these cigars....in the original sealed box for now but once opened where???? Thank you! 
    She seems to be under the impression that they do not need to be in storage until she opens the shrink wrap on the box. I hope she logs back in, or they start smoking them soon.  

Boxes of cigars, even if shrink-wrapped, need to be kept inside a humidor with regulated humidity, or some other improvised humidity controlled storage container (cooler, tupperware, ziplock).

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your husband a cigar smoker?  How much and how often does your husband smoke?   Does he NEED a humidor?  If he's not really a cigar smoker and is just looking to store these Ashton's, a ziploc bag is plenty sufficient.  Also, welcome to the forum.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Karr5404Karr5404 Posts: 2
    Thank you to all the responses...I wouldn't really call my husband a "smoker" although he used to smoke way more than he does now...and I myself love the smell of cigars!  I figure we'll just keep this gift and share with friends or our kids out around the firepit! If he likes doing that then we'll look into a humidor....thanks again!
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."