Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion Toro

So I performed a search in this forum and by no surprise, I found posts on the Antano and not the Celebracion. First of all, if you haven't tried a Joya - do yourself a favor and pick one up. I went down to my B&M and picked up the Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion on Friday after having a bad experience with the Clasico (bad draw). Basically, I wanted to give Joya another chance.

I don't have a refined pallet as of yet - but I am working on it. The Celebracion had a smooth draw with a generous amount of smoke. Medium-Full as far as strength so not as strong as the Antano but IMO stronger than the Clasico. The criollo wrapper has a subtle peppery smell - and toasted easily. Most of this cigar was pretty consistant for me - I did notice that 1/4 of the way through, it opened up a bit more - which was perfect.

I think I may have just found my go to cigar folks.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've had one of these resting for a minute. Thanks for the insight on it. I'll probably be smoking it sooner now. I LOVE Joya. The Antano and Antano Dark Corojo are phenomenal cigars.
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Your are right on with your review. its much less strong and spicy to me than the Antano, which makes it nice for a go to cigar. The criollo wrapper really takes the bite out of the cigar. I bought a box of those, I think the consul 4.2X52 +/- about two years ago after liking the Antano. Reminds me to try some again. Thanks for the review.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I've had one of these resting for a minute. Thanks for the insight on it. I'll probably be smoking it sooner now. I LOVE Joya. The Antano and Antano Dark Corojo are phenomenal cigars.

Right on Maduro - I love Joya as well. I was so happy to experience the Celebracion and be so pleased - it now has a cozy 68/70 home in my humi

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Dude! I smoked the Celebraccion yesterday. I'm in love. It reminded me of the original Padilla Miami with more pepper. I absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    Yeah i've been thinking about it - I need to pick up some of these quick. Definitely my new 'go to'