Home Cigar 101

Introduction

Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings, new member here. I just started smoking cigars last year but am already an old curmudgeon. 
I used to buy Cubans for my friends when I traveled overseas but last time I ask them to pick out 6 for me to try. Two of the best, to me, were the Monticristos #2 and Diplomaticos.  I can't afford to smoke just Cubans so I started looking for NC to start my stash. I have to admit that what I'm looking for at this point are ones that are not real strong or peppery. A little is good. Some of my favorites are Monticristo white, RP Renaissance, Alec Bradley Nico Puro. I have many more that I haven't got to yet but it is a wide variety.
 I do smoke a lot of the ACID Kuba Kuba for now. I can see that changing soon because I'm liking more non-flavored stuff. I've been buying a ton of stuff just to have some sticks to start resting, which is I started the ACID, doesn't need rest. 
I am currently using a bunch of tuppidors and seasoning a cc-100h because heating is more important up here, Alaska, than cooling them!

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

Comments

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies, I didn't see the new members thread. Maybe it should be moved there instead😱
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

First question: I want my cigars at 65/65 but their at 65.2/65.5. how do I fix that😆

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya don't.   That's fine for where we are.  Things will drop a bit Rh wise come winter.   Dropped you a PM. I can give you a rundown on my setup if you like.  It's working fine.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Far_North_64. Try the Sobremesa for a great cigar that's not too bitter or peppery.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question: I want my cigars at 65/65 but their at 65.2/65.5. how do I fix that😆
    You’re supposed to ask how to season a humi first then talk about it being half a point off target. 

Welcome aboard
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    You'll do fine.  Welcome aboard!   :)

Love the avatar.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @Far_North_64
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    Ya don't.   That's fine for where we are.  Things will drop a bit Rh wise come winter.   Dropped you a PM. I can give you a rundown on my setup if you like.  It's working fine.

I was thinking 65 Boveda might be too low in the winter since my house doesn't get above 63 in the winter. 
    I would love what you set up is. Responded to PM

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    MOVED TO NOOB INTRODUCTION PAGE

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just don't sweat the small chit.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum brother. 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!