Home Non Cigar Related

Concerts: What floats your boat?

13»

Comments

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones I was speaking of are non-electric.  Biggest difference is that they are form fit to your ears specifically.  Otherwise they should be similar to those you showed but more effective due to the fit.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Cody Jinks three times in two weeks in July and a Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley somewhere in between.
    Saw Whitey Morgan in a small bar in June. Gotta love the small venues. 
  • 12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    We saw J. Roddy Walston and the Business at the Milwaukee HOG rally this year. They were a LOT of fun. Especially since I'd never heard of them, much less heard them before. Really high energy rock & roll.

Bands I most WANT to see soon include Here Come the Mummies.

If you don't appreciate some excellent funk and high quality double entendre, they are not for you.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    We saw J. Roddy Walston and the Business at the Milwaukee HOG rally this year. They were a LOT of fun. Especially since I'd never heard of them, much less heard them before. Really high energy rock & roll.

Bands I most WANT to see soon include Here Come the Mummies.

If you don't appreciate some excellent funk and high quality double entendre, they are not for you.
    Don’t mind a little funk. Saw George Clinton bout 2 years ago
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy music so I'm open for anything except pop... That just isn't music anymore. I do like a live show that doesn't sound exactly like playing a CD. The more improve, jam sessions the better for me. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I gotta get me some Musician earplugs (for attending concerts) to protect what hearing I have left and keep my tinnitus from worsening. I sometimes use regular foam but I'm not happy with the music unless the music was super loud, dangerous to begin with. Any of you live music fans have any experience with or suggestions for some (basic to intermediate quality) musicians earplugs?   
    I've got a pair of the "Hearos" off of Amazon. I wear them most of the time when I am out on the bike and, last show I saw, I wore them as well. They do a really nice job of dropping the decibels without too much distortion of the sound. Well worth the ten bucks!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Took my Wife (she went willingly) to a bluegrass concert at the Sunnyvale Theater on last Friday night. The first band was Crying Uncle who's oldest member just turned 18, they all appear to be competition winners for their instrument and play traditional bluegrass as well as new grass "dawg" music inspired by David Grisman.

https://youtu.be/uARjCNqFfZ4

The second band was The Town Howlers and I'm not sure if it's because they removed two of the mics from the first set or what but the sound wasn't as good during their set. The vocals were hard to hear and as my Wife commented, their songs all sounded pretty much the same. They stuck with traditional bluegrass, and Peter will be happy to learn that they did have a banjo in the band. Also since it was after 9:00 PM I had trouble keeping my eyes open. (but I did have my ears open) 

https://youtu.be/dHqja5IxZZc

Anyway, it was a good night out for not a lot of money.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyler Childers at red rocks.
    Just bought tickets for him and Sturgill Simpson in March. Can’t friggin wait. I just discovered Tyler Childers, and Sturgill is by far my favorite modern musician. 👍
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a trio out of Canada called RUSH.

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went with the wife to see 311 on Saturday. Now, I like 311. I can sing along with a lot of their song. That said, the reverb on the vocals was cranked so insanely high that I could not understand a single word. And whoever was balancing the audio would just turn everything up if they got slightly off. So it started out with everything fairly well balanced, and 30 minuted in the guitars and vocals had been turned up to the point of flat-lining. For the first time ever, I walked out of a concert before the end.

The opening band was fantastic though.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get maybe 2 concerts a year up here. Let's face it, if you're playin' Fairbanks, you ain't at the top of your game. Saw Badfinger a few years ago, my brother ( older, adopted, and now, late) was their frontman at the time. Caught Blue Man Group, Aerosmith & Chicago while my younger brother was touring with those guys.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are going to the county fair this June and watching some country singer. Josh Turner?

No idea. But around here, we take concerta when we can get them. Some good, some terrible.

Jason Aldene, terrible. Diamond Rio, terrible

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turner is a bit mellower than Aldean. Not bad.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 30th Reel Big Fish and The Aquabats will be playing in one of those small "standing room only" venues here in Reno. I'm looking forward to this one.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds "Super Rad", have fun.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shaman's Harvest opened for Theory of a Deadman tonight in San Antonio. Good show...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they played Florida from 75-85, chances are I saw them, in Tampa Orlando, St Petersburg or Plant City. One of the best was Heart in a 5000 seat auditorium just after their second album. Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sunday night before they crashed on Wednesday. Last one was the Stones in St Louis this summer.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eric church March 18th and 19th